What's new

1918 buffalo nickel

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
1,734
Reaction score
2,760
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, Nokta Triple Score, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detected a park downtown which goes back to the 1880s and found mostly modern coins and a compass pendant(?) but I did manage to find a sweet 1918 buffalo nickel. I'm thinking nobody has detected there in quite some time or never because there were lots of coins to be found and I only did ~1/3 of the park. Needless to say, I'll be going back and eventually with a larger coil after picking all of the trash out of there.
 

Attachments

  • Modern coins.webp
    Modern coins.webp
    3.8 MB · Views: 76
  • Compass and reverse.webp
    Compass and reverse.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
  • Compass and obverse.webp
    Compass and obverse.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
  • 1918 Obverse.webp
    1918 Obverse.webp
    552.3 KB · Views: 52
Two years ago, I found a 1900 indian head penny and a 1700's Chinese coin in the park you're probably talking about. I've been detecting there since 2004 and those are the oldest coins that I've found there. The soil there has definitely been replaced. A lot of the really deep targets are pipes from an old sprinkler system that the city abandoned.
 

Attachments

  • 20230829_123930-01.webp
    20230829_123930-01.webp
    869 KB · Views: 37

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom