1918-D Walking Liberty Half Dollar with NO monogram

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone.
Someone local is selling a 1918-D walking liberty with no AW monogram. It appears to be in Good condition. According to Breen's Encyclopidia, only 4 to 6 of these are known to exist.
The guy is asking $350.
I am considering purchasing it and getting it slabbed and then trying to sell it to a larger audience such as ebay and maybe make some money.
Is this a smart move?
Thanks in advance for any advice or comments!
Edit/Delete Message

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As P.T.Barnum said there's a sucker born every minute, And If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is jmho..................HH

OP
OP
Dark

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have many common date walkers and I could bring my scale to ensure the weight is within acceptable range.
Let's just assume this is the real deal. Do you think a profit could be made off of it?
I am having issues finding the value of this coin; presumably because of its rarity.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not familiar with this variety but I would do more research. Breen's encyclopedia is 25 years old so the information may be way out of date. The only coin of this variety I could find was slabbed ms61 and sold for $1,100, so I doubt one in only good condition would sell for much, especially if you had to recoup your slabbing cost. If this is not a recognized variety it would not be noted on the holder either, it would simply be slabbed as a 1918 d half in low grade.

OP
OP
Dark

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok,
Thanks for the response.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread