πŸ”Ž UNIDENTIFIED The lone two buttons from a 6 hour hunt.

VTSwinger

May 5, 2017
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today started with expectations of colonial through - mid 1800s but all I got was 1920s. These two buttons were the only things I kept for myself. Left a SLQ, some buffalos, wheats, and countless others with the owners and their kids who were stoked to have some treasures. Any thoughts on the buttons? These were 30 minutes outside of Burlington VT and the site was home to a rev war general and his son fought on the war of 1812. The star button feels more recent but being a star I'm not sure if its military or what.
PXL_20240526_220613770.jpg
PXL_20240526_220626075.jpg

Very nice of you to share those great coins with the owner/family. πŸ‘
MM

Upvote 1

1924 is the oldest ad I can Find For Burlington Work Clothes. the Other button :dontknow:

Quad-City Times​

Thu, Feb 07, 1924 Β·

000aaa.jpg

• Burlington’s roots go back to 1924 when the Company was founded as a wholesaler of ladies coats and junior suits. In 1972, Burlington started its retailing business, opening its first Burlington Coat Factory store in Burlington, NJ. The Company’s initial strategy was to offer a broad range of first-quality, branded outerwear for the family, with prices substantially below department store retail prices on similar merchandise. First year Company sales were $1.5 million.

Last edited:
Upvote 4
Very nice of you to share those great coins with the owner/family. πŸ‘
MM
They are very sweet. I kept most of the dirt on the non desired stuff and gave them my brushes to clean them off. They had a blast revealing words and coming up with ideas of what they thought things went to.

Upvote 1
They are very sweet. I kept most of the dirt on the non desired stuff and gave them my brushes to clean them off. They had a blast revealing words and coming up with ideas of what they thought things went to.
That is awesome! Great idea. I bet they had a blast. Hopefully the kids get hooked on the hobby too. :icon_thumright:
MM

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back