What's new

1922 Vehicle tax tag

ArmyJoe

Full Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2014
Messages
137
Reaction score
334
Golden Thread
0
Location
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I hit a park that I pounded pretty hard last year in hopes of finding a silver coin or two... I was unsuccessful in the silver search but managed to pull a 1922 Chicago Vehicle Tax tag from about 10-12 inches down. I've attached a pic I found on the google as well as a pic of my find! Hope ya'll had a good day digging n thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • 1922 tax tag.webp
    1922 tax tag.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Chicago Vehicle Tax Medallion 1922 - Passenger Auto Less Than 35hp.webp
    Chicago Vehicle Tax Medallion 1922 - Passenger Auto Less Than 35hp.webp
    125.3 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 8
That is cool. Where would it be attached to a car?
 
DANG IT LOOKS BRAND NEW . THATS A NEAT OLE RELIC.
 
That's a very cool find!! WTG AJ!
 
Great find AJ! :thumbsup:
 
It appears that in those early days of automobiles states had some very odd tags.This one issued for a car having 35 horse power or less is awesome. Great find there.
 
That's a cool find
 
Hello Army Joe. Nice one! Never seen one with the HP indicated. I think you were supposed to nail those to the floor board of the vehicle. Good luck and HH. C9
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom