What's new

1924 Dog Tax Tag, Palmolive Token, and Silver....

DPBOB

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
3,592
Reaction score
264
Golden Thread
0
Location
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used
AVATAR: MY Wife Saying....




"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a bit today.
Here's my meager finds.
2 Mercs 1919 & 1943
1 Rosie 1946
1924 Dog Tax Tag (my 3rd oldest)
Palmolive Token
Motor Vehicle tag 19??
Gold Plated cufflink
Nice decorative lid with an oriental figure on it. ( Silver Dollar Size )
12 Wheats
$2.44 Gas Rebate Money

Hope everyone had a nice weekend....
 

Attachments

  • 8-2-09 Finds 007.webp
    8-2-09 Finds 007.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 8-2-09 Finds 006.webp
    8-2-09 Finds 006.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 8-2-09 Finds 005.webp
    8-2-09 Finds 005.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 220
more
 

Attachments

  • 8-2-09 Finds 004.webp
    8-2-09 Finds 004.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 8-2-09 Finds 012.webp
    8-2-09 Finds 012.webp
    40.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 8-2-09 Finds 010.webp
    8-2-09 Finds 010.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 241
Please don't call your finds "meager"...I'd call that a GREAT day. Three silvers is awesome! Nice relics, too.

Meager is trekking all over the woods for six hours in the stifling heat for a wheatie, pile of pulltabs and a mountain of shotgun shells. Been there, done that.

Steve ;D
 
I agree with Joe - that's a great day, Bob!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've never dug a soap token, and I'd just love to dig a dated dog tag that old!

...and when did soap stop coming in cakes and start coming in bars, anyway?

463px-Palmolive_soap_1922_advertisement_ladies_home_journal.webp
 
twistidd said:
Please don't call your finds "meager"...I'd call that a GREAT day. Three silvers is awesome! Nice relics, too.

Meager is trekking all over the woods for six hours in the stifling heat for a wheatie, pile of pulltabs and a mountain of shotgun shells. Been there, done that.

Steve ;D

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Again with the goodies, go get 'em Bob!
 
Great day of hunting there Bob!!! :thumbsup:
 
WOW!

I just started to catch up on all these posts. . . you've had a great weekend :thumbsup:
 
GREAT HUNT BOB ! THESE DAYS 3 SILVER IS AWESOME , WTG!
 
Great hunt DP BOB..........Nice Tokens.......... Nice silver
 
Yep thats a great hunt in my book too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Those are some good finds, I would not say 'meager' either. Although, I am not sure if you could get a cake of palmolive with that token. If it would make you a little happier with those finds, maybe someone could send you a bar of soap.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom