1925 Stone Mt. found in CWR w/pix

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Nothing to do today, so went into the city to do a route I haven't done in quite a while. Stopped at many banks and got a lot of loose halves, but only scored (1)...1964 and (2) 40%ers. Went threw over $300 in customer wrapped rolls that I got at the various banks, but they all seemed to be other CRHer's "dumps". Not one silver in the bunch. Made the turn and started heading back and decided to stop at branch of my bank to dump all my clad. Have been there many times over the last few years and the tellers always take my dump offs with no problems. Nice bunch of people there. Anyway, I got my money and asked one of the tellers if she had any halves. The main teller said she one roll of halves deposited by a Korean Store in the area. I took it and walked back to the car. What I found in the roll "just made my day"! I opened it up and poured the coins out in my palm. They were all clad except for one very dark black edge. When I picked it out, it was a 1925 Stone Mountain Commemorative Half Dollar. Very dark as you can see from the photo, but it has very little wear and I would grade it EF-+ Anyway, I'm glad I went out there today.
rileyboy

Attachments

• 0806001551.jpg
    0806001551.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 565
  • 0806001552_0001.jpg
    0806001552_0001.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 563
  • 0806001553.jpg
    0806001553.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 562
Upvote 0
Great find!!!
:icon_thumright:

Joe

Rileyboy,
Congratulations! That is one sweet coin. I got one a month or two ago and it was really a special find.
The only other Commemorative we've gotten is one my wife pulled from a box that was otherwise a skunk. It was the clad coin but beautiful nonetheless.
Really happy for you! :icon_sunny:
Steve

Found one this evening also. Second in 3 weeks. Two on the same day on TNet. Amazing...

Nice find. I got one last year. Really nice coin. My favorite commemorative find was a Maine 1920. I did find two Columbus clad last month. Not worth much but sure make crh more interesting.

Maine_Jim

Wow, I never saw this post Riley. That's a tough coin to find there, hang on to that one.
Nice!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back