1927 HS Ring - 10 K Gold

jreynolds

Jun 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I acquired a ring from my late step mom from Connecticut. I have asked her family and nobody seems to know about the ring. It has what looks like a B in the center and HS on both sides. There is some initials on the inside but not sure what school it could be from. ring.JPG

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a name on the inside of the ring. Is that your Step mom's name, or do you think the ring was given to her by someone else ? Could be a little tough to figure out the High School, but if you start to do some research on your Step mom, you may be able to narrow it down. I'm sure one of her own family members would know where she went to High School .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jreynolds

Jun 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I acquired a ring from my late step mom from Connecticut. I have asked her family and nobody seems to know about the ring. It has what looks like a B in the center and HS on both sides. There is some initials on the inside but not sure what school it could be from. View attachment 1838858

She was only 50 and that way before her time. I asked her mother and she said they arrived from Cuba when my step mom was a child. The initials in the inside look like AL and one more that I cannot read. I suppose it is possible that she found the ring at some point.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jreynolds

Jun 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She was only 50 and that way before her time. I asked her mother and she said they arrived from Cuba when my step mom was a child. The initials in the inside look like AL and one more that I cannot read. I suppose it is possible that she found the ring at some point.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jreynolds

Jun 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question is... What the heck do I do with it? I'd love for it to go to a family member but I don't have high hopes of finding the correct family.

Upvote 0

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you read the name? If so I would be looking at people from the 1930 census about 21 years of age. Only thing I can come up with since there is very little to go on.

Upvote 0

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whoever the ring originally belonged to was probably born around 1909 or 1910, assuming they graduated in 1927 at the age of 17 or 18

Upvote 0

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a start on Connecticut>>
Bacon Academy
Bassick High School
Berlin High School (Connecticut)
Bethel High School (Connecticut)
Bloomfield High School (Connecticut)
Bolton High School (Connecticut)
Branford High School (Connecticut)
Brien McMahon High School
Bristol Central High School
Bristol Eastern High School
Bristol Technical Education Center
Brookfield High School (Connecticut)
Bullard-Havens Technical High School

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might not even be a class ring.

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta spend some time on research the design on the front of the ring should be you best clue

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread