1930s Old Spice After Shave Lotion Porcelain Bottle

foraging_fissfoss

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from the Deschutes River. My crew and I like to clean up the river one or twice a week and pull out all sort of things, like old bottles, logging equipment, plastic, clothes, but we do find the occasional treasure. My buddy Jarrod found a 1930s Old Spice after shave lotion bottle. Half of it looks hand painted. I absolutely love it. I bet some of you on here remember your father and grandfather with this bottle. I have degree in packaging engineering and it truly amazes me to see the transformation of technology from porcelain to a HDPE bottle. Enjoy. More treasures will be posted as they come in.

IMG_8822.jpg IMG_8824.jpg

Upvote 8

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Find!
There's lots of History down that river...!
I used a bottle like that, in my teen years, my
dad gave me his shaving lotion......

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from the Deschutes River. My crew and I like to clean up the river one or twice a week and pull out all sort of things, like old bottles, logging equipment, plastic, clothes, but we do find the occasional treasure. My buddy Jarrod found a 1930s Old Spice after shave lotion bottle. Half of it looks hand painted. I absolutely love it. I bet some of you on here remember your father and grandfather with this bottle. I have degree in packaging engineering and it truly amazes me to see the transformation of technology from porcelain to a HDPE bottle. Enjoy. More treasures will be posted as they come in.

View attachment 1917523 View attachment 1917524
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions