What's new

1938 Merc. Fond in Penny bag

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
I posted a Friday the 13 story last week, but had trouble getting a good shot of this Mercury dime that tumbled out of a $50 bag of Penny's I searched Friday night.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,218059.0.html

I get excited any time a dime is found mixed in with Penny's, and a silver Rosie would be Awesome. But a Merc...... Well I could not Believe my Eye..... (Cyclops image) :tongue3:

So here it is again. This is a first for me. I have never found silver while searching for copper. I wish I could say the reverse was true.......... But I can't :BangHead:

I have read here that others have found silver in Penny rolls, but not a Merc.

Mojo
 

Attachments

  • 1938merc2.webp
    1938merc2.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0
Nice score Mojo that would be a nice surprise ... mercs are cool looking coins congrats , Ed
 
Sweet little bonus :thumbsup:
 
Nice suprise indeed!!! :thumbsup:
 
Wow, :o

A merc in pennies that is a suprise ! :icon_scratch:

Awesome ! :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH!! :D
 
coinmojo said:
I have read here that others have found silver in Penny rolls, but not a Merc.

Alas, you are mistaken as I found a merc in a penny bag about a year ago or so.... :) Fun find, isn't it... :)
 
Wow! I bet that was quite a surprise!

-Codes
 
GMan00001 said:
coinmojo said:
I have read here that others have found silver in Penny rolls, but not a Merc.

Alas, you are mistaken as I found a merc in a penny bag about a year ago or so.... :) Fun find, isn't it... :)

Of corse.

This certainly sounds like something the GMan would find in a penny bag. Givin the volume of bags you search

Congratulations G

Mojo
 
To date its the only silver coin I have found while searching pennies....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom