What's new

1942 Quarter and a marble

beerguy

Bronze Member
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
1,146
Reaction score
1,193
Golden Thread
0
Location
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Manticore, Deus 2, etc.
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I went out this morning to my favorite spot, and came away with a nice 42 quarter, and found a large marble in the hole while recovering.

The spot had a layer of gravel 4" down that is about 6" deep in most places, so recovery was tough.

Hit the coin a few times, but I had little choice.

Halfway down I saw a blue bulbous shape, turned out to be a large marble! 1942 Quarter.webp1942 Quar.webpmarble.webp
 
Upvote 8
Nice find. I havent found a silver quarter in a while. I did dig my first hole with a marble in it yesterday though:thumbsup:
 
Congratulations with your 2 finds...Nice!
 
Sometimes you just have to hit them a couple of times. Don't feel bad about it. Can you post closer photos of the quarter obv/rev?
 
Sure.
1942 Quarter.webp1942 Quar.webp
 
Nice one! Congratulations!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom