1943 Copper Penny

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
If I remember correctly the story is that there were only about 5 or 6 of them ever made . 1943 pennies were made of steel due to the war . If you truly have a 1943 copper penny you might want to consider what you're gonna do with all that money . Good luck .

OP
OP
M

mdboner

I know about the zinc penny i have one of those and it sticks to magnet in addition to being silver color, this one is copper the only thing is that it's really damaged.
Even if i post the pic all you'll be able to see is a round copper coin without bening able to see any of the writing on it, i tried scanning it now but it wont show the info that you want to see (the date) unless if you use close light and magnifying glass. I'm gonna try taking a pic thorugh the magnifying glass and see what happens.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Does a magnet stick to the one you have,,, if not,,, You May Be Rich...
I would definitely check that one out close...
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Actually there was only one bag of copper 1943 pennys that left the mint and it went to a bank in Florida or so goes the legend.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you really think you have a 1943 copper penny the best thing you can do is get it certified by ANACS (the countries largest coin grading and authenticating service). That way if you ever decide to sell it the authenticity is undisputed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread