What's new

1943 Steel

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
Searched through a box of hand rolled pennies today, produced some wheaties and "s" mints, then to my surprise, a 1943 steel wartime penny ;D
Do people not know to take coins that are strange looking BEFORE they roll them?!?
 

Attachments

  • 1943obv.webp
    1943obv.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 470
  • 1943rev.webp
    1943rev.webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 455
  • 1943cent.webp
    1943cent.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0
The 1943 penny is not all that hard to find. I have a few in mint condition. I got them from a bag of about 1000 someone brought in to a coin dealer. She told me to pick the ones I wanted, so I did!!! The one you show is in pretty bad shape. That is why it is in a roll probably. Keep Looking!
 
FCCDFEd said:
Looks like a Canadian penny in that bunch too.
Yep,it is, but whats the big deal about it?
I did find a 1938 canadian penny in this box also. ;D
 
Theredemption said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
The one you show is in pretty bad shape.
Doesn't look too bad to me. Anyone can run down something that isn't theirs. Congrats on the find, my man!
Thanks, it realy isn't in bad condition, just some shinny :tongue3: :laughing9: wear on the head.
 
"Do people not know to take coins that are strange looking before they roll them?"

Nope, only nutcases like me! Most couldn't care less.
 
Fistfulladirt said:
"Do people not know to take coins that are strange looking before they roll them?"

Nope, only nutcases like me! Most couldn't care less.
Hahaha :laughing9:
I guess that means im a nutcase too ;D
 
If you like it that is all that matters. I'm not trying to bring you down. But rust on the shoulder, and a lot of wear, and black instead of silver just says, keep looking and those who are complaining will understand I was just being honest. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello:
 
I have found one from a different CRH (cash register hunting :D) but they are sexy, nice find :icon_thumright:

people don't know or simply don't care, what is it worth like 20 cents?
 
In real nice condition you could a couple bucks maybe.
 
Nice find.I've only found a few CRH!!
 
Never found on while roll searching but have 20 or so from my dads collection. Neat to look at, more of a novelty.
 
Theredemption said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
The one you show is in pretty bad shape.
Doesn't look too bad to me. Anyone can run down something that isn't theirs. Congrats on the find, my man!

Listen... "My Man!" ( this is another clue ) What this person is trying to say is that the coin just looks like any other dirty penny to the average person. Only a coin enthusiest would notice that it is a steel penny I'm pretty sure he ment that as an observation and not as a commentary on the grade or value.

Have a cup of coffie and stop giving away clues to your i------y. "My Man"

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
Theredemption said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
The one you show is in pretty bad shape.
Doesn't look too bad to me. Anyone can run down something that isn't theirs. Congrats on the find, my man!

Listen... "My Man!" ( this is another clue ) What this person is trying to say is that the coin just looks like any other dirty penny to the average person. Only a coin enthusiest would notice that it is a steel penny I'm pretty sure he ment that as an observation and not as a commentary on the grade or value.

Have a cup of coffie and stop giving away clues to your i------y. "My Man"

Mojo
confusion :icon_scratch:
 
coinmojo said:
Theredemption said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
The one you show is in pretty bad shape.
Doesn't look too bad to me. Anyone can run down something that isn't theirs. Congrats on the find, my man!

Listen... "My Man!" ( this is another clue ) What this person is trying to say is that the coin just looks like any other dirty penny to the average person. Only a coin enthusiest would notice that it is a steel penny I'm pretty sure he ment that as an observation and not as a commentary on the grade or value.

Have a cup of coffie and stop giving away clues to your i------y. "My Man"

Mojo

I did hear him claim on another website he was posting here again... Doesnt bother me but I have seen your "hints"
 
AGCoinHunter said:
coinmojo said:
Theredemption said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
The one you show is in pretty bad shape.
Doesn't look too bad to me. Anyone can run down something that isn't theirs. Congrats on the find, my man!

Listen... "My Man!" ( this is another clue ) What this person is trying to say is that the coin just looks like any other dirty penny to the average person. Only a coin enthusiest would notice that it is a steel penny I'm pretty sure he ment that as an observation and not as a commentary on the grade or value.

Have a cup of coffie and stop giving away clues to your i------y. "My Man"

Mojo

I did hear him claim on another website he was posting here again... Doesnt bother me but I have seen your "hints"
What hints?
 
I just saw on another site that a 1943 copper,sold for $200,000.
 
jdsarasin8194 said:
coinmojo said:
Theredemption said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
The one you show is in pretty bad shape.
Doesn't look too bad to me. Anyone can run down something that isn't theirs. Congrats on the find, my man!

Listen... "My Man!" ( this is another clue ) What this person is trying to say is that the coin just looks like any other dirty penny to the average person. Only a coin enthusiest would notice that it is a steel penny I'm pretty sure he ment that as an observation and not as a commentary on the grade or value.

Have a cup of coffie and stop giving away clues to your i------y. "My Man"

Mojo
confusion :icon_scratch:

Oh, he just gets a little crazed over coins is all. ;D

Cool find on the '43. :icon_thumright:
 
DigginThePast said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
coinmojo said:
Theredemption said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
The one you show is in pretty bad shape.
Doesn't look too bad to me. Anyone can run down something that isn't theirs. Congrats on the find, my man!

Listen... "My Man!" ( this is another clue ) What this person is trying to say is that the coin just looks like any other dirty penny to the average person. Only a coin enthusiest would notice that it is a steel penny I'm pretty sure he ment that as an observation and not as a commentary on the grade or value.

Have a cup of coffie and stop giving away clues to your i------y. "My Man"

Mojo
confusion :icon_scratch:

Oh, he just gets a little crazed over coins is all. ;D

Cool find on the '43. :icon_thumright:
Oh ok :tongue3:
 
That was a Bronze Planchet the 1943 penny was struck on. It is worth so much because the US Mint claims they never struck any on anything but Steel in 1943.
 
How did I miss that Mojo? Time to hit that magic button again. :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom