What's new

1945-S Merc Dime - AGAIN...!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Messages
3,644
Reaction score
5,648
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shouldn't be Today's Finds, I found my coin yesterday, but its a big deal for me, because I find silver coins so infrequently,
that I'm posting this now, just to show How Luck Runs.

Yeah, a 1945-S ("Micro"-s) Mercury Dime is a rare variety, in the Red Book has no explanation why, and the numbers of that variety are an unknown quantity...,
so it is rare -
HOWEVER, the one I found was the more common ("Normal") variety..., oh well, maybe next time...!
At least it was SILVER...!....and it was my SECOND 1945-S dug....such luck, huh?

Also, the 1945 Merc was the last of that coin variety, the Roosevelt Dime was started in 1946
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom