1945D gold coin?

CoolFrayers

Oct 24, 2006
Bloomsburg, Pa
Hello,
I read this forum a lot, but I have never registered until now.
I was wondering if anyone would know what this gold coin is in the front......
4b_1.JPG

I am buying the coins from someone, but this gold one really sparked interest for me. The seller stated that it is a 1945D coin with Lincoln heads all over it. So I figured it would be easy to find out what it is, boy was I wrong.
If anyone has seen anything like this, please help. You could also email me:
[email protected]
Thank you...( maybe it is a special coin worth a gagillion dollars, lol)

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
If i were you i would ask for a high res pic of the front & back of the coin.Sounds like a fantasy item to me or just a token of some sort.....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CoolFrayers

CoolFrayers

Oct 24, 2006
Bloomsburg, Pa
It should be in the mail, so when I recieve it I will scan it and post the pictures.
He swears it is gold, but that is not the reason I bought the coins, it is just an extra.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
CF,

that large gold coin, if gold, would be
worth a lot, no matter what it is. How much
weight to it?

have a good un.............

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CoolFrayers

CoolFrayers

Oct 24, 2006
Bloomsburg, Pa
Yes, I recieved the items. The Gold Coin is a coin of the first 38 presidents. It has a head of each of the first 38 presidents on it.
However, I have not really looked into that to be honest. The coins that he sent and knew nothing about, I have been studying on.
One coin for instance, is a 1938 Groszy from poland, in brand new condition. People are buying those for $150 on Ebay. There is A LOT of silver, some gold small coins. I just got them yesterday and I am still sorting through them. There are coins from the 1800's also.
So, once I get everything sorted, I will look more into the coin.
Does it look like Gold? Yes. Could it be plated? Probably. However, while I was looking at the big coin, all of the true gems were hiding in the background just waiting to be found.
Sweet deal, I didn't even spend 100 bucks.
Thanks to everyone for looking and trying to help.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread