What's new

1950D

Rosco53

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
720
Reaction score
1,749
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
YES! Been in a bit of a dry spell. Pretty much 2 weeks without anything really of note, even after another bag of dimes, 5 bags of nickels, and 8 more of cents. Until this beauty came out of hiding:
S20180830_0016.webpS20180830_0017.webp

Was hoping for a few more war nickels and maybe a Buffalo if I were REALLY lucky, but not that! Only 2 away from completing my Jefferson collection now, 42S and 43D. Happy hunting everyone!
 
Upvote 0
My Dad found a 50-D in his change from CVS yesterday..... they are still out there!
 
When I actually kept track of such things, I averaged one 1950D in about 400 boxes. The 42S and 43D were easy in comparison.

Time for more coffee.
 
That makes me want to get some nickel boxes again!! Nice find!! I was working on a CRH Jefferson book. I lack the ‘38S, ‘38D, and ‘50D. That’s awesome.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Great find! Still need the 38d, 39d, 42s, 43d, and the ever elusive 50d.
 
Nice find. Hope you find the othe two you need.
 
nice find still looking for that one
 
Nice snag - funny: they almost always seem to come on great shape - yours even has most of the steps still. I found one in xf+ and my 39d and 38s we’re both nice Au coins.
 
Nice find. This date is so much harder to find than the mintage would suggest. I believe it must have been put away in rolls soon after it was put into circulation.
 
Nice snag - funny: they almost always seem to come on great shape - yours even has most of the steps still. I found one in xf+ and my 39d and 38s we’re both nice Au coins.

Interesting observation. The ‘39D that I pulled was in nice shape. Didn’t bother counting steps though.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Good Luck on completing the set! :icon_thumleft:
 
Wow I've never found one in eight years of CRH ! Had buy one for 5$ from a coin shop
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom