What's new

1951 Lenin Oil on Canvass

StuartM

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 19, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all

On a recent trip to Kazakhstan I came across a Lenin oil painting dated 1951. The size is approx. 220cm x 170cm. The artists signature is very faded and has some water damage but interested to know if anyone recognizes the style of this painting and possibly the artist.

Cheers!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0374.webp
    IMG_0374.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 194

Hello Stuart,

I've looked at your painting a couple times. It's kinda dark. I'd like to see closeups of the signature & Lenin's face.

I think Lenin's pose reflects more about Stalin in 1951, then it does Lenin. Lenin had been dead for 27 years at this time. Lenin was so often pictured standing in heroic poses, previously. This one smacks of Stalinist revisionism to me. Are there any clues in the scene that would help identify the location?

1579725004_516d56bc8f.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom