What's new

1968 Silver Canadian Quarter

SD51

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2016
Messages
5,195
Reaction score
10,882
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this Canadian quarter about three weeks ago. At the time I didn't realize it was silver since it's from 1968.

P8300044.webp

P8300042.webp

Checked it on Google and in 1968, Canadian quarters were silver and copper until mid-year when they switched to nickel.

Message to A2coins... I know you dropped a Canadian quarter you found recently when you were being chased by bees. Not to worry... I found this one before you had the bee encounter so your Canadian quarter is still out there.
 
Upvote 14
Yep some '68's were silver, the content dropped from previous years (80%) to 50% for this issue.
 
Sweet find any silver is great!!! Gotta meet at the Arboretum soon that's my honey hole.. I have some goods spots.. Glad to see ya on this site I love reading and posting there is so many knowledge awesome reading and people I used to read the treasure lost and treasure found magazines this site is all that and more keep it up. Ill Pm you my ph # if ya wanna look for some silver, Tommy
 
Tommy, sounds good. Will let you know when I get my detector back. Got wind of an old (80+ years) sliding hill. Will let you know when I get permission and we'll hit it. Should be some silver there.
 
I heard your story about your etrac when you sent it back it got crushed or something. Let me know when its back hope it survived you can help me find that quarter LOL
 
You need to see if a magnet sticks. If so, it's copper nickel
 
Agree CoinFetcher, that's the first test I did the day I found it. Slides right off of the magnet. It's silver/copper!
 
SD51: congrats on the 50% silver Canadian quarter and thanks for the heads-up. I was unaware of that year's quarter silver content.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom