What's new

1973 class ring 10k gold!! ~ UPDATE - owner found!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello!

I went out for a few hours today with my wife at a park/lake west of town. I haven't detected this place for years, but I figured I better give it a try and see what I find. Good thing I did ~ because I found a 10k gold class ring from 1973! This is the first gold ring that I've found this year! I've dug 126 silver coins, but only one gold ring now! The other cool thing about this ring is that its from the same high school at I graduated from ~ North Eugene High School. But I graduated in 1991. GO HIGHLANDERS!!! The ring weighs 5.0 grams.

Also, I dug part of an old spoon. It's silver plated copper ~ and in the 'bowl' it reads, COMPLIMENTS OF THE MEIER & FRANK CO.. Anyone know how old this spoon is??

Thanks for looking!
Neil

><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><

Less than 48 hours after finding this ring I have located the owner! Needless to say, she's very excited to get back the ring after all these years! She remembers when & where she lost it ~ 1974 at Fern Ridge Lake. She said he mom was so mad at her for loosing it! Too bad her mom isn't around anymore to see it's return. But her dad is still around! She said she can't wait to tell him that it's been found.

She's agreed to come to our next club meeting so I can show the ring in FOTM (Finds of the month), and then I can present her the ring there in front of all my treasure hunting buddies! TOO COOL!!
 

Attachments

  • Sept26-2010ring1.webp
    Sept26-2010ring1.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,476
  • Sept26-2010ring2.webp
    Sept26-2010ring2.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,411
  • Sept26-2010ring3.webp
    Sept26-2010ring3.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,423
  • Sept26-2010ring4.webp
    Sept26-2010ring4.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,333
  • Sept26-2010spoon.webp
    Sept26-2010spoon.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,443
Upvote 0
WTG Neil. You did a good deed and the favor will be returned to you someday :notworthy:
 
Very nice of you Neil.

These are some of the reasons you are so sucessful. You are a silver killer man.

Take care

Jer
 
Absolutely Awesome... A great find, with even a better feeling of being able to return it. I bet you will be amped to
attend the meeting :thumbsup:
 
Sweet find and great return :icon_salut: Me thinks that warrants "Honorable Mention"
 
oddcoins said:
UPDATE!!!

Less than 48 hours after finding this ring I have located the owner! Needless to say, she's very excited to get back the ring after all these years! She remembers when & where she lost it ~ 1974 at Fern Ridge Lake. She said her mom was so mad at her for loosing it! Too bad her mom isn't around anymore to see it's return. But her dad is still around! She said she can't wait to tell him that it's been found.

She's agreed to come to our next club meeting so I can show the ring in FOTM (Finds of the month), and then I can present her the ring there in front of all my treasure hunting buddies! TOO COOL!!
CONGRATS Finding a Ring is a Treasure ~ Returning a ring is a Great Treasure HHR
 
RONC(OR) said:
oddcoins said:
UPDATE!!!

Less than 48 hours after finding this ring I have located the owner! Needless to say, she's very excited to get back the ring after all these years! She remembers when & where she lost it ~ 1974 at Fern Ridge Lake. She said her mom was so mad at her for loosing it! Too bad her mom isn't around anymore to see it's return. But her dad is still around! She said she can't wait to tell him that it's been found.
CONGRATS Finding a Ring is a Treasure ~ Returning a ring is a Great Treasure HHR

Ron said it about as good as can be said...WTG Neil!!
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom