What's new

1976 S – 40% Bi-Centennial Found Today w/pics

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
1976 S – 40% Bi-Centennial Found Today

I found a 1976 S – 40% Bi-Centennial today. Looked like a 40% during the edge hunt. It shined up real nice and will look good in the coin book. I also found a 2003 s proof, the first one in a while. The other coin is a very worn clad. You can’t hardly read the front or back.

Box 44, 6-40%, 1-2003s, 1-1976s
Box 45, 2-40%
Box 46, 11-40%

A bank called and said they had $340 in rolls. 1 was 1971, 2- $20 were Bi’s and the rest were machine rolls form Barclay Bank of CA. I had gotten some before so I knew what was in store. Half the rolls were new 1980’s. The rest clad. Not even one 40. Oh well, not a bad day.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_012.webp
    ScreenHunter_012.webp
    70 KB · Views: 282
  • ScreenHunter_013.webp
    ScreenHunter_013.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 276
Upvote 0
Nice job. You have to get those rolls when the bank calls. Just never know and it makes them happy. Keep it up.

HH.
 
I was just telling my Bro the same thing. If you don't take what they offer, next time they will say they have nothing.
 
awhitster said:
I was just telling my Bro the same thing. If you don't take what they offer, next time they will say they have nothing.

Ditto. Go for it AW................and good luck.
 
Congrats on the silver 76. I got 3 of them little $100 boxes yesterday- not braggin but I didn't have to beg, propose or nothin LOL. HH Mark
 
ME_CO said:
Congrats on the silver 76. I got 3 of them little $100 boxes yesterday- not braggin but I didn't have to beg, propose or nothin LOL. HH Mark
Was it one of those BLOCK and Company boxes?
 
Very nice! Motor on!
Red
 
awhitster said:
ME_CO said:
Congrats on the silver 76. I got 3 of them little $100 boxes yesterday- not braggin but I didn't have to beg, propose or nothin LOL. HH Mark
Was it one of those BLOCK and Company boxes?
No mine says MMF Major Metalfab Co.
Wheeling, Illinois
Part No. 211-0450
Looks the same as yours to me haha- sorry my camera went on vacation again without me or I would post a pic of one half full of 90's. TC and HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom