What's new

1978 bb mod 25 found

rickertmork

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Messages
378
Reaction score
768
Golden Thread
0
Found this next to a dumpster. Same exact one in home alone movie. It fires sometimes randomly, I’ll have to take it apart.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8845.webp
    IMG_8845.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_8846.webp
    IMG_8846.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8847.webp
    IMG_8847.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8848.webp
    IMG_8848.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8849.webp
    IMG_8849.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
Upvote 8
Looks like someone already "fixed" it. Daisy still sells parts for those, but it'll cost more (f it does need parts) than it would to buy a new one. Lastly, it appears to have been made in the last few years. Older ones with short serial numbers can fetch fairly good money.
 
Looks like someone already "fixed" it. Daisy still sells parts for those, but it'll cost more (f it does need parts) than it would to buy a new one. Lastly, it appears to have been made in the last few years. Older ones with short serial numbers can fetch fairly good money.
I did a fair amount of research, I pinned it to 1978
 
Model 25. Invented in 1914 by Charles Lefever of Lefever shotgun fame. Patent sold to Daisy and production began in 1917. They were a very powerful air gun until the 60s when they changed the design. The original design spit BBs at 350 fps. The new design has a shorter stroke and less power. The air chamber is sealed with leather washers. Once they start to wear it won’t work properly. The way the leathers mount, it’s not possible to replace them yourself. I have my uncle’s M-25, made about 1940. I think they are still available, made in China.
 
Model 25. Invented in 1914 by Charles Lefever of Lefever shotgun fame. Patent sold to Daisy and production began in 1917. They were a very powerful air gun until the 60s when they changed the design. The original design spit BBs at 350 fps. The new design has a shorter stroke and less power. The air chamber is sealed with leather washers. Once they start to wear it won’t work properly. The way the leathers mount, it’s not possible to replace them yourself. I have my uncle’s M-25, made about 1940. I think they are still available, made in China.
So it fires automatically, because that leather thing is worn out? From my understanding, with these low power bb shooters you can replace stuff easily with rubber or plastic bits.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom