1979 New york Rabies Dog tag and a Unsual NFL collectors token! Had a fun day!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Woke up at 5 this morning really excited to go detecting. I go about once a month now because of school and other obligations I am doing. I have started volunteering for a PC place to get more experience in troubleshooting PC's since I only have three months of experience in front of me. I also decided to get my Bachelors in Technology, so not only do I have to get my AA in technical support to get into the program, but I have to get my AAS transfer degree as well. I have the money and I am pumped to be able to have the opportunity to get a Bachelors in Technology. My career in IT has really started to take off! Soon I will be in a repair shop in no time and then manager of IT in some company! :thumbsup: That's a long way down the road though.

Anyway back to today, once I woke up at 5, I got in the car at 6 and met JuJu at 7. Once arriving at his house, he showed me all of his goodies that he found in the last month. To say, I was very pleased he was doing so well! :) He was also doing great in his tattoo business and I am really happy that he is constantly getting work in a tough economy! :)

Anyways, we started out at a field that kicked out lots of goodies for JuJu and I got a really neat token and a 1979 Dog rabies tag from the state of New York. JuJu and I thought that was both really cool and odd that I found a Dog rabies tag that was from New York in Washington. After driving around trying to find spots, we hit two more fields that still kicked out coins. By the time it was 4:00pm I was pooped! We parted our ways, and I made "reservations" with JuJu to hunt on my birthday since he has a really busy schedule. You have to book way in advance, but that is alright with me! ;D

Here are the finds:

1979 Dog Rabies tag:

MetaldetectingFridayJuly23rd005.jpg

NFL Token:

MetaldetectingFridayJuly23rd002.jpg

MetaldetectingFridayJuly23rd003.jpg

Total coins:

MetaldetectingFridayJuly23rd001.jpg

Had a great day and can't wait for the next hunt! :)

Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a great day today. I made sure and put you on the books for your B-Day. Good thing you reminded me. August is almost booked already. Only 2 openings left. lol
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
It's a good thing you're planning for a future other than detecting in this state, unless you're JuJu...lol. Good luck with you're IT career, it's a great field to be in and I'm sure you'll do well. One of these days all of us WA guys need to get together and have a fun weekend somewhere. That's an interesting token. I've never seen that one before and I was an avid sports card, token and whatever else crap they were selling back in the day collector. Research may show it was a local giveaway or something making a little rare. Anyway, keep at it and keep those grades up.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Looks like you had a great day. Good luck on your Birthday.
Dman

daroofa

Apr 8, 2010
Breckentucky MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: 1979 New york Rabies Dog tag and a Unsual NFL collectors token! Had a fun da

Isn't Uncle Pennybags the guy from Monopoly? Maybe the token came from an NFL edition of the game. Neat find.

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tomharris76 said:
It's a good thing you're planning for a future other than detecting in this state, unless you're JuJu...lol. Good luck with you're IT career, it's a great field to be in and I'm sure you'll do well. One of these days all of us WA guys need to get together and have a fun weekend somewhere. That's an interesting token. I've never seen that one before and I was an avid sports card, token and whatever else crap they were selling back in the day collector. Research may show it was a local giveaway or something making a little rare. Anyway, keep at it and keep those grades up. Looks like the Monopoly guy, I have a NFL monoply game, ill look and see if its the same token..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread