What's new

1982 no FG, what other errors should I look for?

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the no FG's are they hard to find? I was bored and started searching thru my halves that I already searched for silver, hoping for an error coin, I was looking for the 1982 no FG and the 1974 DDO, is there anything else I should be scanning for that won't make me bug eyed?

I did find one 1982 no FG so far
 
Upvote 0
If you don't want to get bug eyed I would stick to the no FG's. They are known on 1972-D, 1982-P, 1983-P. They are also on 1966 but you would have already pull it for silver. If you have a loupe I think it is worth pulling the high quality coins from 1971-D, 1972, 1973-D, 1974-D and look at the IGWT area for doubling.

HH,
65GT350
 
are the no FG's worth anything? what about the DDO
 
Keep an eye out for the 1976D reverse cud error (at about the 2 O'clock position) you will not need a glass to see this error.

As for value.......I've sold close to (20) 1974d ddo for $9-10 each to a coin dealer. The 1982p no FG I've sold a couple for $1.00 each. I haven't tried to sell any of the 1976d reverse cud errors yet. I know a coin show is coming soon to my town so I'll try to see what the market is for the cud error.

Good luck!
 

Attachments

  • DSC00900.webp
    DSC00900.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC00900.webp
    DSC00900.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 251
Also look for the 1977D, DDO. The past two weeks I have found more DDO then I have found the no FG's.
 
Goes4ever said:
I posted this in the coin section but thought I would stick it in this thread as well, think this might be an error coin?
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,210139.0.html

Could just be grease in the die. I have found a few halves that have some of the lettering almost completely missing (see picture). I was told that these are caused by grease in the die during the minting process.
 

Attachments

  • 3obv.webp
    3obv.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 270
  • 3obv.webp
    3obv.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 240
Dangit guys, now you got my curiosity peaked - I'm gonna check and see what I can find in the error department. LOL
 
any clue what the cud errors are worth?
 
I have posted this before... and I know there are other errors as well, but here are a few I look for.

1971-D DDO
1972 DDO
1973-D DDO
1974-D DDO
1977-D DDO

and in the No FG department....I look for 1972-D, 1973, 1982-P, 1983-P, and 1990-P... I have read that those were all possible somewhere, but I couldn't confirm the source.

Here is a site with a few pics of the DDO coins.
http://www.numismedia.com/coinguys/top50kenn.shtml
 
thanks for all the help guys!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom