What's new

1996 halves?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going through $360 worth of halves today and I'm noticing 1996s are alot shinier than others. Any reason why?
 
Upvote 0
Well they would be proofs & some of those could be silver proofs!
 
could you go into a litte detail on that (besides send to Segar98) :wink:
 
Piercesdad said:
could you go into a litte detail on that (besides send to Segar98) :wink:


Huh :icon_scratch:


The S mints were made in San Francisco, there were 1,750,244 Proofs made that year & another 775,021 made that were silver proofs.
 
saw it on another post. everybody was trying translate another lanquage on a coin and your translation was and I thought it was hilarious!
 
I've seen that also with halves not only 96's. I've also sen it on alot of 1999-2001 nickels. It looks like a satin finish.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom