1st ever graded coin

TypeCoin971793

Oct 7, 2013
Here or There or Anywhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you! I'm surprised that you got a graded 2014 eagle all ready. How did you get one that quick?

I remember having a goal to get my first certified coin. What I got was an 1886 S $5 gold Half Eagle in MS-60, graded by NGC, for about $250 (back in 2009). I sold it a couple years ago for $400 in order to fund the instrument that you see in my avatar. It is about 3000 times more rare (at the very least) than the coin and much more useful than the coin, so I think it was a good trade. I only know of four others that exist in my area.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What'd that run ya?

Kinda got lucky on it- it was a presale on ebay from a fairly known dealer and there was a "glitch" (their words but it was human error) on the pricing and at first they declined to sale it and refunded but then i guess those who bought(myself including) put up enough of a stink and filed reports with ebay that they honored the price for those who bought(there wasnt alot that sold but enough they didnt want to get a bad rap plus their ebay store was closed for a day while ebay reviewed everything)- $36- its the ONLY reason I bought it, I dont do numismatic, im only a stacker not a collector
But it sure is purty :-)

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread