1st Hunt With At Pro

Mike(Iowa)

Dec 18, 2003
Got my new AT Pro yesterday, used it in my own yard after work. Put it in pro mode. Have hunted my yard with all of my detectors, just proves you never get everything. And some time I will need to get the bigger tools out to remove the huge hunks of Iron I have in about 6 spots to unmask those areas. All in all, happy with my first AT Pro hunt.

Attachments

• 1st AT Pro Hunt.JPG
    1st AT Pro Hunt.JPG
    666.7 KB · Views: 262
Upvote 8

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. Silver on your first time out with the pro, awesome! I've had mine since August and still no silver, but have found a ton of brass and lead with it so no complaints. I love my ATPro, it will do good for you.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! congrats on the finds and new machine!! HH

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! How solid was that penny/cross hit? Sometimes stuff like that you just get a blip. Nice save!

maceman66

Mar 29, 2009
SE Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 5 tag is off of a license plate, i think it was 54-55 Iowa did that sort of thing. Nice finds. What part of Iowa? se corner here.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first haul, congrats. I really enjoy my ATPro. It is the 1968 Chevy Camaro SS of metal detectors... Happy Hunting, Sub

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds congrats HH

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds for sure, now go get-em Mike.
ZDD

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first haul, congrats. I really enjoy my ATPro. It is the 1968 Chevy Camaro SS of metal detectors... Happy Hunting, Sub

Have you ever use a minelab? Just wondering what you are comparing to. I have a GTI2500 and a Minelab SE Pro and am thinking of getting and AT Pro for water hunting. Kind of scary operating a $1300 unit in creeks, if I slip I'm screwed.

JRMan

Mar 20, 2013
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer,
White's Coinmaster 6000/Di Professional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I also love my AT Pro.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds with your AT Pro. I have an Ace250 and I'm always interested in seeing how its 'big brother' gets the job done.

OP
OP
Mike(Iowa)

Mike(Iowa)

Dec 18, 2003
Granthansen, the penny was right along the street.I had just used my weed eater to do a poor man's edging the day before, figure that threw it up on the top. It was pretty well right on top of the loose dirt from my edge work the day before, bounced from 75 to 80/81 if I remember right.

OP
OP
Mike(Iowa)

Mike(Iowa)

Dec 18, 2003
Hey Wildcat. Bought my Sons both 250's. My older boy hunts side by side with me, we cross check each other's signals. I have not had the AT long enough to really do a true comparison, but I will tell you that the 250 and the AT ID things pretty well in step with each other. I think the pinpointing is much easier for me with the AT, and the pro audio setting allows for some more thorough identification of targets. My first instincts are, if you like the 250, you'll love the AT. But I have a lot of hunting to do with the AT before I can really stand on any comparison.

OP
OP
Mike(Iowa)

Mike(Iowa)

Dec 18, 2003
The 5 tag is off of a license plate, i think it was 54-55 Iowa did that sort of thing. Nice finds. What part of Iowa? se corner here.

Hi Mace, am in The Quad City Area. Just a bit North of Davenport.

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds happy hunting and look forward to my wfe and I look at one day hitting some real silver or even gold ring if lady luck smiles on us. So far and not disappointed mind you getting a lot of lead (on ground and out of us digging them holes) and happy with that for sure. did step into eagle buttons today of which we feel our detectors show they are up to the task of finding kul things. good job and happy trails and hunting and many holes to uncover

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread