1st Quarter Is In The Books......

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just curious if anyone has any goals for the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th quarter?? Is it finishing a collection book from CRH? Finding a certain quantity of coins like Wheats...pre 82 pennies...silver halves...silver dimes...pre 60 nickels...silver quarters...errors...proofs??

Personally I would like to complete a Franklin collection book that I started from the finds from CRH by years end. I am not sure if it is achievable or not but I am going to give it a shot. I have quite a bit of open slots and keep finding them darn 1963's...lol....Murphy's Law.

Anyway, I was just curious. Good luck to all going into the 2nd quarter.

Upvote 0

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007
I just hope to find enough silver to help with a nice vacation with the wife and kids.
Good luck,
Jim

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
My goal is to keep you in my sights! ;D
I will probably lose ground.
You are at a pace to bust 8000 silver halves for the year!
Keep it up!
I am trying to fill up a Kennedy half album myself.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I would love to get an 87D and a 70D half myself. I would reeeeaaallly like to get at least one commemorative half as well. Guess it's just a measure of how many halves I search and how lucky I get!

low xtreme

Oct 5, 2006
georgia
i'd like to find a barber dime or quarter.

ok i'm gonna break this down.  my goal for the year is:
100 silver dimes
50 silver quarters
20 mercs
50 war nickels
and any barber

thats my goal.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goals for 2007:

Average at least 100 silver coins found per month with at least 10 quarters and 100 dimes total for the year.

Find more wheat pennies than last year. (last year was 1654 wheats)

Complete 1 set of circulated Jefferson nickels (1938-present) since January 2007 (only 5 left).

Complete my set of pre-1965 Roosevelt dimes (only 8 left)

And as always have fun with the hunt.

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TXTim said:
My goal is to keep you in my sights! ;D
I will probably lose ground.
You are at a pace to bust 8000 silver halves for the year!
Keep it up!
I am trying to fill up a Kennedy half album myself.

Tim....there is no way to keep this pace up for even another month much less 3 quarters. No more banks that have not been hit close by. I would have to quit my job & travel to keep this pace. You know that ain't happening...lol. When I started this back at the end of January, I told myself I wanted to average 10 silver coins per day. Aim for the stars....if you fall short you will still land on the moon. I will perfectly content to fill my Franklin collection book by years end.

You have done great since you started and with your travel....you could really make some noise out there with this silver....lol. Good luck on your Kennedy album.

GMan00001 said:
My goals for 2007:

Average at least 100 silver coins found per month with at least 10 quarters and 100 dimes total for the year.

Find more wheat pennies than last year. (last year was 1654 wheats)

Complete 1 set of circulated Jefferson nickels (1938-present) since January 2007 (only 5 left).

Complete my set of pre-1965 Roosevelt dimes (only 8 left)

And as always have fun with the hunt.

Wow Gman - you are close to completion on two sets....good luck! I agree with you on "always have fun with the hunt"....well said. Congrats on last years Wheats....phew!!!

MM & low extreme....a barber would be sweet. I would probably lose my breath....lol.

DrDetector said:
I would love to get an 87D and a 70D half myself. I would reeeeaaallly like to get at least one commemorative half as well. Guess it's just a measure of how many halves I search and how lucky I get!

That is acheivable DD. I am still waiting on my first 1970 too....but 9 months is a long time right......good luck.

jimmatt_43 said:
I just hope to find enough silver to help with a nice vacation with the wife and kids.
Good luck,
Jim

Good luck to you Jim. Keep em coming.....

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 2007 goals:

Like GMan, complete a Jefferson series before 1/1/08, eleven more to go.

Beat my record of 60 war nickels in one year (I'm on pace to tie it right now).

Eclipse 1,000 40%ers in one year. Came close with 847 last year. I may have to do bank boxes again since the slots are proving less fruitful than last year.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and I forgot to mention my other goal for 2007.

Search at least 1 million total coins... :)

At 376,294 searched as of today, which puts me well ahead of the necessary pace at least for now. If I calculated right on pace for 1.5 mil right now...

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
'07 Goals:

Finding the illusive 70d half; and completing the Franklin series (about eleven to go).

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GMan00001 said:
Oh and I forgot to mention my other goal for 2007.

Search at least 1 million total coins... :)

At 376,294 searched as of today, which puts me well ahead of the necessary pace at least for now. If I calculated right on pace for 1.5 mil right now...

Your a machine....robot.....lol. Good luck GMan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread