What's new

1st Silver..1st Gold For The DEUS!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Monday the Deus sniffed out it's First Silver ring. Not especially deep at my local beach (Seal Beach, California)..it's a peace ring in 925 (remember "Ban the Bomb"?) So not my prettiest ring but it is Silver.

Today it was windy at Seal Beach. I felt foolish to endure the sand blasting. BUT I had no choice ...gotta feed the addiction. So I turned left instead of right at the blanket line and headed away from the more popular area. The main reason was that I've covered and covered that area over the past few weeks and I was thinking that the less explored parts might have a surprise or two. Picked up a few older clad and a few cents. Then, on the surface, a VDI of 80 (Zinc cent) did a double take and it was a yellow color stick up out of the dry sand. No scoop needed.

Did the drop test onto my left hand..Yep it's GOLD! With my glasses pushed up I could make out the 14K. So the story on this ring is that it goes to my new bride's son. Now the next one is mine.

Gotta LOVE this hobby...Yep gotta LOVE the Deus!

HH Joe
 

Attachments

  • 1st Silver ring deus 5-16sm.webp
    1st Silver ring deus 5-16sm.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 470
  • andrius 5-18 ringb sm.webp
    andrius 5-18 ringb sm.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 453
Upvote 0
Congrats to you! Great post and pics. I am so fired up to find my first ring or piece of jewelry! Thank's for sharing - T
 
Hey Doc, I did Seal Beach last year a lot. If ya see an old guy with a blue back pack swingin'a surf master PI, that be me. Normally I go by myself, but if ya see me come on over and say hey. I have an old mans pass to Santa Monica beach. Do OK there. Last year at Seal I found a P4SR ring with 5 diamonds, a couple silver and about 6 costume I like the beach but right now due to the weather have been hitting a few parks and schools locally. Did OK last week. Check out todays finds and look for gold fever pete. Let me know what you think. Pete
 
Congrats! :icon_thumright:. Now that you got the new detector broke in you can hunt with confidence. Keep the gold coming!
 
A couple of nice rings Dr. Joe. Congratulations
on the Gold and Silver beach finds.
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom