1st silver and oldest coin

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
I hunted for 4 hrs at a park that dates back to the late 1800's found next to nothing. I came home and went in the front yard and found these items all within a three foot radius of each other!

ForumRunner_20130312_160614.png

Upvote 0

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the form .....nice what year is the Merc ?

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How old is your home? You may want to hunt the rest of your yard too. Heck, knock on your neighbors doors too!

OP
OP
jayg

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
my house was built in the 50's but the main farm house was about five houses away. not sure of it's date but ny house is on the original 40 acres of that house. that's funny in the last week I've talked to two neighbors and the granted me permission. I'll post what I come up with hopefully by this weekend.

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool. It's amazing how many will go ahead and say yes if you ask. Good luck!

OP
OP
jayg

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
ya there is still some nice people in the world. their kinda like a good find after digging up pull tabs for hrs.. lol

Daugela

Jul 8, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
White MTX, VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be so nice to live somewhere with history and find this stuff in your front yard. Arizona hunting stinks unless you're a gold prospector....

I'm thrilled to find a penny circa 1960!!!!

OP
OP
jayg

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
ya it is. For the last half year I've been researching my area I have found history in my area dating back to the 1800's. I also found a ghost town up by my up north cabin. It dates back to the late 1800's. The last person to live there was around 1912. There are no more houses but I found a map that shows the locations of the school,hotel,general store and so on. I'm planning to go this spring-summer.

OP
OP
jayg

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
daugle, I went to az a couple of years ago. god I wish I had my md. My brother in-laws and I all hiked in this area by seria vista. In a wash. It was at some spots 15 ft deep. there was signs saying no metal detecting. Must be something there our lovely gov don't want the average person to look for. it was in the middle of no where. just sand , mesquite trees and rattle snakes. ? makes me wonder

Daugela

Jul 8, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
White MTX, VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
daugle, I went to az a couple of years ago. god I wish I had my md. My brother in-laws and I all hiked in this area by seria vista. In a wash. It was at some spots 15 ft deep. there was signs saying no metal detecting. Must be something there our lovely gov don't want the average person to look for. it was in the middle of no where. just sand , mesquite trees and rattle snakes. ? makes me wonder

Sierra Vista is in the middle of nowhere. The Army's Fort Huachuca is there. Our military's premier communication center for the world. Very high tech and classified. That may have something to do with it? You should find out more of the location and I will ask around....

Daugela

Jul 8, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
White MTX, VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daugela, where are you in AZ? Same here.

I'm in Litchfield Park, just west of Phoenix. Been doing some research and found some very old sites from the Butterfield Stage Route. But most of the good sites here are either protected by the government or are on private property that I'd dare not ask... Just sucks out here. Just got back from a Payson trip and came across an old cemetery in the middle of NOWHERE.....Original tombstones still intact. Only three of them...

OP
OP
jayg

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
thx,daugela . I was thinking of possible mineral deposit of some value?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread