What's new

1st Standing Liberty

CladMoonRising

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2015
Messages
86
Reaction score
471
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The area I was searching last night was a Mexican ranch before California became a state in the 1850's. I was dreaming of Spanish gold when I hit this 1926 Standing Liberty quarter. It's actually my first SL so I was pretty excited. It was only down about 3" and came out of the hole as clean as the pic below. The site is somewhat obscure and not a lot of development has happened out there so I'll hit it a few more times and see if I can get lucky.

1926_SL_Quarter.webp
 
Upvote 38
WooHoo!!! Congratz! I love that coin!!!
 
Its worn pretty good but atleast you can still the date..Congrats..
 
I think these coins are just beautiful. I've never dug one myself, but would be really excited to. Congrats on a great find, and on what sounds like some good instincts for hunting ground!
 
Awesome coin and you got a date on it..congrats.
 
Congrats on the SLQ. :occasion14: That one still eludes my coil.
 
Those are nicely designed coins. Congrats on finding one.
 
I got my first one a month or so ago... took a year and a half to get my first.

It's a great feeling to find that first SLQ. Many hardy congrats to you!
 
Wow. That's an awesome find! I was out at lunch today hitting an older park (a whopping 15 years old), and was dreaming of digging deep and finding silver... Someday...
 
Those coins are beautiful to me. I love em, Congrats!
 
my absolute favorite coin! may i have it? :laughing7:
 
Looking good. The SLQ's I have dug don't have readable dates. Great find.
 
Cladmoon, a big congrats on your first SLQ!! Funny but true story, my first SLQ was a shallow 1926, and it looks just like yours. I collect that series and always look forward to seeing them posted. Here's hoping you find many more (with dates!).

-- Jeff --
 
Great find. I was lucky enough to dig two of them among my big coin spill but i doubt ill ever dig another up here in Nova Scotia! Haha
 
Congrats on the slq!you never forget your first.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
Congrats, a bucket lister I have not scratched off my list yet!
 
I hope you go looking for another SLQ, and then pop your self a Spanish gold! good luck!, and congrats on a nice find!
 
congrats on the SLQ.
 
Great find friend ! The SLQ is definitely a bucket list coin for me , (along with so many others )
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom