What's new

1st time finds, Beware nothing exotic... Lol

Hiball76

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2016
Messages
21
Reaction score
62
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett At gold, equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm somewhat embarrassed to show my 1st finds but after about a hour of searching my front yard and my neighbors here are my goodies. I left out all the bottle caps, pull tabs, aluminum can scraps, I figure you guys are probably digging enough of those on your own. I'm still pretty slow, been concentrating on pinpointing items and working with different setting on my At Gold. I found a couple pennies, one of them was a 1919 Wheat (extremely worn), 1981 penny, 1981 dime, a older die cast truck, I very pliable knife, I think it's a Boy Scout or camping knife. The last thing I found was the big round tag, I initially thought it was a coin, so I quickly closed up shop and ran in the house to run it under some water while I'm gently rubbed some dirt off. Once I got inside I realized it had a hanger on it... Well crap. After cleaning it up a little more I could clearly make out the stamping and it's a dog tag. I don't recognize the family name. It I'm going to do some research and maybe I can find the family, it only has a 4 digit phone number with a J after it, not sure if that dates it a bit of they simply didn't put the prefix on tag. Regardless... I can already tell how addicting this hobby is going to be, even without finding anything with significant monetary value, I cant wait till AM. I'll be heading out to the family farm tomorrow, checking some old 1 room school house locations and previous home stead locations on the family farm.

image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 46
Congrats on getting out and learning your detector. The more you swing the better you'll get. I really like to tootsie toy truck, I'd much rather dig them than a matchbox or Hot Wheels any day. Dig it all until you get proficient enough to know whether it's a good target or not. GL & HH
 
I use a small shovel that can be bought from Rural King for under 7 bucks, Lowe's and other stores sell them for under $10. I use a bent piece of thick gauge copper wire to hang it from the back of my pants when I swing the coil.
 
love the tootsie toy truck you found i would live to find something like that as i collect diecast cars and actually repaint a few tootsietoys that have lots of paint loss like yours. fantastic job keep up the good work.
 
WELCOME NEW MEMBER AND NICE OLE FORD WRECKER ...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom