2-2 1/2" to 3" via muffler adapter

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you are flirting with having a clogged up hose. If anything use an exhaust pipe reducer adapter that goes from the outside of the suction nozzle to no more than a 1/4" less than the inside diameter.

Really though it's better to use the suction nozzle as is and just be careful as to what you allow in and how much at a time. With a 2" you need all the material you can get. Chokeing down the nozzle is self defeating. And making it larger even with classifying cross hairs will allow in too much overall volume leading to a clogged hose.

GG~

Last edited:

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
I cringe every time I read about people chocking down the nozzle. Slow and easy wins the race. Of course it took me several years to finally learn that:BangHead:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bolts,bars or other insane bs. 2" hose needs a 2" nozzle with either a knurled edge or ring slightly reducing it down. You failed to mention a header box or the new riffles now required as when going slomo sluice to high velocity modified hungarian mandatory. READ mo-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread