What's new

2 box of halves and teller asked if I want 1300 in president dollar coins...

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
1,512
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
I don't really want the president coins, as I got 10k in clad halves already... can you run dollar coins throw a coin counter? wish it was halves they had...

box 1
1968
1982 S proof

box 2
skunk

weakkkkkk
 
Upvote 0
Rich Hartford said:
two is better than none :thumbsup:

I suppose, but when I first started I dumped proofs... now I want to collect a book I guess, but agree with you that boxes suck I guess.
 
d2arcing said:
I don't really want the president coins,
are you talking IKE dollars? no coin counter will take them. but if I had the cash I would have grabbed them. Last bag I got of BIG DOLLARS (around $500 I think) I got a Morgan and a Peace dollar. I even once got a silver eagle round in a baggy of about $50 from a teller, also one of those IKEs was from a silver mint set.
 
d2arcing said:
can you run dollar coins throw a coin counter?

In my area some machines take the dollars, so don't. It seems that some machines can be set to take either dollars or halves, but not both. Other machine take both. I don't think any take the Ike's though.
 
I guess if they still got them next week I will ask if it is a mix or just all presidential coins. I want a morgan! :icon_sunny:

I don't like my coin counter it has 2 sides but only 1 bag for halves... but yet it looks to hold like 6 bags on each side
 
At least you did not get skunked. As long as I do not get skunked, I am happy.

Be happy - hunt well and find lots of cool stuff
 
the machines do take the presidential dollars and the Susan B's and the Sacagewea. they do not take the large dollar coins. i would only take the small dollar coins to look for errors and varieties. other than that they are worthless to me.
 
the modern president dollars --pass -- big dollars ikes and such yes
 
If the teller said president dollar coins than it should be pretty clear what that means; those annoying gold colored, quarter-sized implements of US Mint profiteering (but don't get me started) 8)

But yes, they run through all the coin counters I've ever run across.

If you're into errors, though, or just trying to complete an album; it may be worth buying them going through them and running the rest through a coin counter.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom