What's new

2 brooch kind of day

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,457
Reaction score
10,841
Golden Thread
0
Went to new spot that my sister got me permission to behind her church. Old site in woods. Two brooches, some Richard Hudnut thing. MIT button and a few other items. I'm curious if rectangular item is a buckle. I got another item that's soaking I might put it on the what is it forum later
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8967.webp
    IMG_8967.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_8968.webp
    IMG_8968.webp
    2 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8965.webp
    IMG_8965.webp
    2 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_8966.webp
    IMG_8966.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_8974.webp
    IMG_8974.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_8986.webp
    IMG_8986.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Upvote 40
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My first impression of the rectangular thing with an "R" at the center & looking at the back is its part of a padlock. Did a Google image search and there is something that looks like it (except the "R" is different) in a youtube video that requires a login. The title of the video is "Metal Detecting Prospecting Relics Missing 1800 Homesteads Upstate Western NY New York Club Hunt". Since I don't have a youtube account, I was unable to see what it is. If you or another TNetter has a youtube login, maybe the ID will be in the video.
 

Attachments

  • R thingy.webp
    R thingy.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 51
My first impression of the rectangular thing with an "R" at the center & looking at the back is its part of a padlock. Did a Google image search and there is something that looks like it (except the "R" is different) in a youtube video that requires a login. The title of the video is "Metal Detecting Prospecting Relics Missing 1800 Homesteads Upstate Western NY New York Club Hunt". Since I don't have a youtube account, I was unable to see what it is. If you or another TNetter has a youtube login, maybe the ID will be in the video.
Yeah I figured it was a lock. I still got to clean things more those brooches are nowhere near clean enough , they are so detailed
 
Yeah I figured it was a lock. I still got to clean things more those brooches are nowhere near clean enough , they are so detailed
Nathan W, I wouldn't put too much faith in my first impression...it may be something other than a lock.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8971.webp
    IMG_8971.webp
    97.5 KB · Views: 42
Went to new spot that my sister got me permission to behind her church. Old site in woods. Two brooches, some Richard Hudnut thing. MIT button and a few other items. I'm curious if rectangular item is a buckle. I got another item that's soaking I might put it on the what is it forum later
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom