New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jackalope came out to the east coast again to hunt with me, today was our first day hunting of this trip out. I will let Jackalope tell you what he found. I took him to four of my sites in a dizzying hunt around south Jersey. I have never found a Two Cent coin before today. The first field we went into, five minutes there I found my very first 1864 Two Cent coin. We left there after I called the farmer to ask about a couple of his fields I have not tried yet and five minutes into that I found another Two Cent coin! Before and after these two fields I tried to get Ken into the field I found my 1797 Draped Bust yesterday. No one home, so off to the Hayfield we go. I found six buttons there. After that I took him to a cellar hole where I found nothing. We will see what tomorrow brings?
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

Resized_20170313_164716.jpg Resized_20170313_220253.jpg Resized_20170313_164918.jpg Resized_20170313_112810.jpg Resized_20170313_164824.jpg Resized_20170313_163745.jpg Resized_20170313_220448.jpg

Upvote 29

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Those 2 cent pieces are too cool! Just wondering....how big are they in comparison to a large cent?

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was great Brad, and folks he found these coins in completely different fields 1 hr apart. Kind of mind boggling to me.. :)

Last edited:

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first and second 2 centers the same day as well. Your look in good shape.

HighVDI, they are a couple mm bigger than a nickel.

Oldhand

Feb 8, 2017
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two had a very nice hunt!! congrats on the 2 cents and the time hunting with a friend!!
never found a 2 cent piece. yet 8-)

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first couple of 2 Cent pieces Brad. Always nice to dig 2 in the same day, let alone have them be the first 2 you have ever dug.

billpa

Sep 12, 2010
Out Diggin Silver
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO,DFX DX-1, CLASSIC 111, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet coins you dug there.Looks like they will clean up nice.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the sweet two centers... and a double play at that! Very well done Brad.

That thingy with the toothpick next to it.. picture 6... is that a wax matrix seal? it looks too small to me, but I can't tell what it is.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the sweet two centers... and a double play at that! Very well done Brad.

That thingy with the toothpick next to it.. picture 6... is that a wax matrix seal? it looks too small to me, but I can't tell what it is.

Was going to ask the same. Your odds of finding 2x 2 centers in different places are outrageous, but a wax seal matrix would be the star of the show for me. More pics! : )

Nice work

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the first 2 cent piece find! :occasion14:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two, four, six, eight! What a way to be counting out there! ;)

WTG!

mooncusser

Sep 1, 2016
salisbury maryland
Detector(s) used
garret a/t pro whites v3i whites treasure pro
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The round object with stud , i found 1 this past week at a circa 1690 plantation...any ideas what it is ?

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like winning the lottery, what are the chances? And they are in sweet conditions too, WTG!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Those 2 cent pieces are too cool! Just wondering....how big are they in comparison to a large cent?
Thanks, smaller 23mm Here is a link to the two I found, too bad they both were not the Small Motto, would have been cha ching

That was great Brad, and folks he found these coins in completely different fields 1 hr apart. Kind of mind boggling to me.. :)
Thanks Ken, You never know when it's going to happen.

I found my first and second 2 centers the same day as well. Your look in good shape.

HighVDI, they are a couple mm bigger than a nickel.
Thank you, not bad for bronze coins laying in fertilized fields.

You two had a very nice hunt!! congrats on the 2 cents and the time hunting with a friend!!
never found a 2 cent piece. yet 8-)
Ken didn't do so bad either, It's fun having company. Thanks

Congrats on the 2 centers and other nice finds
Thank you Art

Congrats on your first couple of 2 Cent pieces Brad. Always nice to dig 2 in the same day, let alone have them be the first 2 you have ever dug.
Thank you

Sweet coins you dug there.Looks like they will clean up nice.
I'm still fooling with them thanks.

I was hoping someone could tell me what it was, I looked on the bottom, I'm not sure your right, but hell I don't know much when it comes to allot of this old stuff, lol

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love finding a two cent piece! Double the love finding two!! Congrats.
Thanks, I knew they would come some day, ha yesterday must of been Two Cent Day.

Was going to ask the same. Your odds of finding 2x 2 centers in different places are outrageous, but a wax seal matrix would be the star of the show for me. More pics! : )

Nice work
Thanks, I'm still working on getting it clean, when I pulled it I thought it was a toy soldier? I'll post some more pix of it in awhile.

Congratualtions on the first 2 cent piece find! :occasion14:
Thank you Doc

Two, four, six, eight! What a way to be counting out there! ;)

WTG!
Thanks Gary, I was in a cornfield that I have been waiting on them to knock down those dam stubble stalks so I wouldn't stumble when I found the first one, second one was in glorious soybean!

The round object with stud , i found 1 this past week at a circa 1690 plantation...any ideas what it is ?
Watch winder

Like winning the lottery, what are the chances? And they are in sweet conditions too, WTG!
Thanks Bill, we played a couple scratch offs before we started hunting too, no luck there, I should have run back to the store while I was hot, lol

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never found two 2 cent pieces in a single day.
Come to think of it, , I have never found a single 2 center. lol
Congrats

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reins guide for horse and wagon

Nice work
For you and Tom, thanks for pointing that out, I do believe you guys are correct, wax seal matrix, cool. check out the pix.
20170314_1356351.jpg Resized_20170314_135733.jpg 20170314_1358471.jpg 20170314_1359131.jpg 20170314_1359481.jpg 20170314_1400321.jpg 20170314_1413171.jpg

I have never found two 2 cent pieces in a single day.
Come to think of it, , I have never found a single 2 center. lol
Congrats
Until yesterday, me either

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest: