What's new

2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back. DIV !

DirtyMike

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
898
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
1
Location
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first I found a half an hour into the hunt. The second I found on day two in a fire pit. These finds are from Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. I used an MXT the first day & a TDI the second & third day. There is a enfield nose cap & a confederate lead finial. Some eagle and Zouave buttons. There is a half cent, an indian head, flying eagle, & a realle (172?). A gun tool. And a bunch of lead.
 

Attachments

  • first day breast plate 011.webp
    first day breast plate 011.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,283
  • DIV 14 002.webp
    DIV 14 002.webp
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,249
  • DIV 14 068.webp
    DIV 14 068.webp
    189.2 KB · Views: 1,249
  • first day breast plate 017.webp
    first day breast plate 017.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,278
Upvote 0
Nice job bud :wink: I've been going to the DIV's since the beginning and I dug the latrine site on Cole's Hill Saturday

and Sunday but my test holes didn't strike the "Sweet" spot so I didn't do as well as you did. Were you digging

on the newly opened up side of Cole's Hill when you found those plates or were you digging in front of the woodline

on the backside of Cole's Hill where I was?
 
DANG, them are FANTASTIC relics. I hope you find MORE. Happy Hunting! :notworthy:
 
{Sentinel} said:
Nice job bud :wink: I've been going to the DIV's since the beginning and I dug the latrine site on Cole's Hill Saturday

and Sunday but my test holes didn't strike the "Sweet" spot so I didn't do as well as you did. Were you digging

on the newly opened up side of Cole's Hill when you found those plates or were you digging in front of the woodline

on the backside of Cole's Hill where I was?

The first one I dug on Friday morning was dug between the new corn field and the wood line. There was a section between the fence that surrounded the corn field and the woods. The second one was in the woods oposite to the latrine woods. Just across the power lines. Towards the top like you were headed back up to the corn field. I had to dig out a bunch of brush and move slow in those woods but thats where the burn pit was and most of my buttons.
 
DirtyMike said:
The first I found a half an hour into the hunt. The second I found on day two in a fire pit. These finds are from Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. I used an MXT the first day & a TDI the second & third day. There is a enfield nose cap & a confederate lead finial. Some eagle and Zouave buttons. There is a half cent, an indian head, flying eagle, & a realle (172?). A gun tool. And a bunch of lead.

The half cent is a 1809 and the gun tool is for a Springfield musket.
 
Whites Electronics just contacted me for a story! :headbang:
 
WOW.....thats what I call a hunt....congrats!!!!
 
We all dream of just one day like that. Nice hunt and great finds. Congratulations to you.
TnMountains
 
congrats on getting your story picked up by whites --big honor --for great finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom