What's new

2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back. DIV !

DirtyMike

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
898
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
1
Location
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first I found a half an hour into the hunt. The second I found on day two in a fire pit. These finds are from Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. I used an MXT the first day & a TDI the second & third day. There is a enfield nose cap & a confederate lead finial. Some eagle and Zouave buttons. There is a half cent, an indian head, flying eagle, & a realle (172?). A gun tool. And a bunch of lead.
 

Attachments

  • first day breast plate 011.webp
    first day breast plate 011.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,283
  • DIV 14 002.webp
    DIV 14 002.webp
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,249
  • DIV 14 068.webp
    DIV 14 068.webp
    189.2 KB · Views: 1,249
  • first day breast plate 017.webp
    first day breast plate 017.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,278
Upvote 0
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

I want to go to Virginia and hunt. Congrats on your finds. Wow. You are on a roll..Keep up the good luck.
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

zaxfire69 said:
I want to go to Virginia and hunt. Congrats on your finds. Wow. You are on a roll..Keep up the good luck.
Look into the DIV hunts. (Digging in Virginia) They are twice a year normally and you will be impressed with the finds for sure.
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

doesnt get much better than that,congrats
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

It dont get much better than that! Congrats! :thumbsup:
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

Looks like some good diggin! Congrats on your plates!
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

You're a lucky dog with those breast plates! :thumbsup: Must have been a great time!
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

Damn! not one but 2 plates.. You had a really good weekend Mike!!! congrats!
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

Wow nice haul :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

A good weekend for sure. :thumbsup:
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

wow I'm impressed --great finds mike .
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

Great finds! Sure was a good relic weekend besides the rain in the AM.
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

Nice digs DirtyMike !! Fantastic finds ,a lot of effort, to get 2 plates :o :o " great cond. " :o :o ??? did U ever dig a NJ First Cav. button .. outpost at Belle Plains, Va .. 8) 8) CMD
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

Nice finds Mike, that TDI sure sniffs that brass out. :thumbsup:
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

Awesome Mike....The TDI's were sucking the relic's out of the ground like crazy.You better believe I'll have one for the next hunt.Great save's and congrat's on the two plate's :icon_thumright:
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

I am attributing your success to your choice of beverage. Dr. Pepper: the soda of Champions. I have never made so many good finds until I started drinking Dr. Pepper. It is the soft drink that has changed my life.

;D
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

Ya did good!
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

awesome!!!
 
Re: 2 Civil War plates in 2 days! Back to back.

WTG Mike-DIV was good for you. The pulse induction machines like the T.D.I. and Infinium are the only way to go out there due to the hot soil. That hut, latrine, and firepit digging is a lot like work-LOL Great recoveries Mike. HH, Quindy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom