2 Good Days!

sharkman

Greenie
Jan 2, 2011
Got out on Sat. and Sun. found a couple of good things. Saturdays find was on my wish list before I even had a detector. Been in the ocean all my life, skin diving and fishing, 13yrs. of competition spearfishing. Back in the sixties I read skin diver magazine every month and one of the articles that stuck with me was the Manila Treasure. The article had black and white photos of bags of silver that was retrieved from the bay, that had been dumped before the Japanese invasion. Most of the treasure was silver 1 peso's. I've always wanted to find one. Then Saturday I FOUND ONE!!! It's 20 g. of silver and it's a 1907. I thought this weekend couldn't get any better!
Sunday, the day started of with a little silver ring, at a different park. I got a real high reading...93 on a DFX. It was about 7" and saw a silver in the hole. It was a 1oz. silver round...1997 Walking Liberty!!! I about fell over! This makes my 3rd 1oz silver round. (2 round, 1 rectangle). The rectangle says "it's a boy".
I wish every weekend could be like this! :)

HH/Rod Sharkman

Attachments

• Got Lucky.pdf
    68.9 KB · Views: 46
  • side 2.pdf
    51.4 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 5

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two really awesome finds! Those are two types of coins that most hunters will never find in 30 years of metal detecting! Nice! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions