What's new

2 hrs today

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had some errands to take care of today, only had a little while to hunt in the middle of the day. Went to the corn field close to home. Buffalo, 2 wheats, couple buttons, a toasty Jefferson and a Kg1. This old field just keeps giving. Good luck to all. Art
 

Attachments

  • _20161210_161222.webp
    _20161210_161222.webp
    166.4 KB · Views: 127
  • _20161210_161134.webp
    _20161210_161134.webp
    261.7 KB · Views: 143
  • _20161210_161036.webp
    _20161210_161036.webp
    277.3 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 32
Congratualtions on the KG, one of my favorites. :occasion14:
 
Some nice beeps there
 
Those big ol' coppers just seem to find you, art.......nice goin'!
 
Nice KG...im still looking for my first...so thanks for posting yours! Ddf
 
Congrats on another KG Art. I wonder on those near-toasted coppers if a little scrub with brillo might bring out a bit more detail. I've done that on a few that I've found in similar condition and that's seemed to bring out a bit more. That's just my preference though. Congrats regardless on the field that keeps giving as you say!

John
 
Congrats. How many spanish silvers have you been pulling from these fields that seam loaded with large coppers?
 
Congrats. How many spanish silvers have you been pulling from these fields that seam loaded with large coppers?

I haven't got an exact count right now, but a dozen or so 8 capped silvers and some seated
 
Congrats. How many spanish silvers have you been pulling from these fields that seam loaded with large coppers?
Here's a pic for ya toasted I have some more modern silver from the fields also
 

Attachments

  • _20161211_085942.webp
    _20161211_085942.webp
    384.3 KB · Views: 104
Here's a pic for ya toasted I have some more modern silver from the fields also

HELLUVA PIC there trap!!!!!! Wish ALL the fields spit them out like that!!!! CONGRATZ...........
 
Here's a pic for ya toasted I have some more modern silver from the fields also

Nice collection. A little surprising that there are no cut Pistareens considering all the KG coppers youve found. Most of those Spanish looked to have been dropped in the early 1800s Were KG coppers still legal tender into the 1800s?
 
Last edited:
Nice collection. A little surprising that there are no cut Pistareens considering all the KG coppers youve found. Most of those Spanish looked to have been dropped in the early 1800s Were KG coppers still legal tender into the 1800s?

Until the 1850s
 
Wow more keepers, Art, you are an MDing machine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom