What's new

2 more rings this week! My first Tungsten FC!

Iskuli

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Messages
792
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Great day! I found my first Tungsten FC (titanium) ring. Googled it and they cost about $100.00. I also found a drama silver ring that my daughter, the drama princess is going to LOVE! Ring count: Drum roll please....gold 22, silver 18, titanium 1...total is 41
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1792.webp
    DSCF1792.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 2,790
  • rings.webp
    rings.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 2,565
  • DSCF1781.webp
    DSCF1781.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,428
Upvote 0
Nice rings Iskuli, what is your goal this year?
 
Thats awesome! My total ring count is 4! and they are made out of crap. Leave some for the rest of us. :D
 
100 rings is my goal. I am a little bit behind at this point, but it's been a 5 rings week. Things are looking up.
Thanks for the support. Happy hunting.
 
Iskuli said:
Great day! I found my first Tungsten FC (titanium) ring. Googled it and they cost about $100.00. I also found a drama silver ring that my daughter, the drama princess is going to LOVE! Ring count: Drum roll please....gold 22, silver 18, titanium 1...total is 41

Just FYI, that ring is tungsten, not titanium. The two look the same, but that's where the similarity ends.

Tungsten is becoming more popular because it can be shattered with a hammer off someone's finger in an emergency whereas titanium is much tougher and extremely difficult to remove or cut from a finger. Tungsten is also incredibly scratch resistant, far more than even titanium.

The "FC" stands for the process that tungsten was purified with.

It's a lovely ring, one I wouldn't mind finding ;D
 
What are you trying to do open a jewelry store? Haha, your well on your way! Very nice finds and gotta clap those hands togeather to get the cha-ching!! HH Tom
 
You are the Ring Queen :icon_queen:

Nice job,
Nat
 
Wow, you really find some nice stuff.

Good luck on your goal. You'll be there before you know it.

HH
 
What a great year you are having.
A couple sweet rings again, congrats!

Tungsten is quite different from Titanium I think.
Tungsten is a carbide and dense and heavy while titanium is strong but really light.
It's worth more too for sure.

Keep em coming, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Beautiful rings, congrats on your finds...you will reach your goal.

:wink: RR
 
Thanks for telling me about the tungsten vs. titanium. I googled tungsten and it brought up titanium....i assumed that meant it was titanium. It's a really cool ring, and very, very heavy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom