What's new

2 nickel boxes today

Wes_

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2007
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Results of box 1:

21 Pre '60 / 28 pre '62: 1939, 1941 (2), 1941-S, 1942-D (2), 1946, 1947, 1947-S, 1952 (2), 1953-S, 1954-D, 1954-S, 1957-D (3), 1958-D, 1959-D (3), 1960, 1960-D (3), 1961-D (3).

Got a little excited when I saw each of those '42s face up, but alas no silver.

I also save later S mint nickels as I don't find a lot and they are something of a novelty for me. Got (1) 1968-S, (4) 1969-S, and (7) 1970-S. While there were 100 million 1968-S circulation strikes, mine sure looks like a proof. I'll get a picture up later.

Westward Journey Nickel stats:
2004 Peace Medal: 39 D, 1 P
2004 Keelboat: 56 D, 1 P
2005 Buffalo: 24 D, 0 P
2005 Ocean in View: 52 D, 1 P

People love those Buffs, I tell ya!
 
Upvote 0
Results of box 2:

1936 Indian Head/Buffalo Nickel! It fell out of the roll face down along with two 2005 Buffaloes. My first thought was "why is that Buffalo facing the wrong way?". Then I realized what I had, ha! Pics tomorrow...

14 Pre '60 / 18 pre '62: 1939, 1940 (3), 1940-D, 1946, 1947, 1948-D, 1953-D, 1953-S, 1954-S, 1955-D, 1957-D, 1958-D, 1960, 1960-D (2), 1961-D.

(3) 1969-S, and (13) 1970-S.

Westward Journey Nickel stats:
2004 Peace Medal: 41 D, 2 P
2004 Keelboat: 60 D, 1 P
2005 Buffalo: 32 D, 0 P
2005 Ocean in View: 60 D, 0 P
 
"Buffalo nickel in view! O! The joy!"
 
My thoughts exactly!

Here are the pics.
 

Attachments

  • buf1.webp
    buf1.webp
    54.1 KB · Views: 145
  • buf2.webp
    buf2.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Is_one_of_me_a_proof?_1.webp
    Is_one_of_me_a_proof?_1.webp
    130.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Is_one_of_me_a_proof?_2.webp
    Is_one_of_me_a_proof?_2.webp
    95.2 KB · Views: 155
Nice finds, especially the Buffalo! I still haven't found one yet, but I haven't really searched alot of nickels up to this point. I have to admit though that nickel boxes are my favorite boxes to search.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom