What's new

2 Piece Cameo Button

fastfrank

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2012
Messages
49
Reaction score
56
Golden Thread
0
Location
Guilford,Ct
Detector(s) used
whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this button while cellar hole hunting on Tuesday.It's "1.25 in diameter.The backmark has two words,one of the words is "muster",the other is hard to make out,to me it looks like"ungetr".I think it's brass
 

Attachments

  • 100_3052 [1600x1200].webp
    100_3052 [1600x1200].webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_3053 [1600x1200].webp
    100_3053 [1600x1200].webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 200
Fast Frank,
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
German: Eingetr Muster (Brass, yes)
Eingetr Muster roughly translates to 'notified pattern'.
I wonder if that means 'patented'.
Don....
 
Upvote 0
Is that an old 2 piece self-shank? Good ID Mack.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Don,for the welcome and the ID.I googled eingetr muster.I guess they are fairly common.Didn't see one like this but there were lots of varieties.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom