What's new

✅ SOLVED 2-Piece Ornamental Design Of Some Kind

Natman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
2,495
Reaction score
477
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hazelwood, MO
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, I found this in a residential area from the 1960s. It came up in 2 pieces, the largest is 1.5" x 1.25". Any ideas? Never seen anything like it before. Photos show both pieces together, then front and back.

Nat
 

Attachments

  • 67887881_481962899246111_5274919382286336000_n.webp
    67887881_481962899246111_5274919382286336000_n.webp
    118.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 67420270_534035977338124_9045005511090503680_n.webp
    67420270_534035977338124_9045005511090503680_n.webp
    141.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 67956857_602264903634181_6573268797363322880_n.webp
    67956857_602264903634181_6573268797363322880_n.webp
    160.4 KB · Views: 64
Maybe keyhole cover / escutcheon
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's what I thought also
 
Upvote 0
Based on it's size and the remains of an attachment pin on the back, I'm thinking it's a hat pin. :icon_scratch:
Looks to be silver-plated brass... probably from the 1950s.

Dave
 

Attachments

  • 67956857_602264903634181_6573268797363322880_n-crop.webp
    67956857_602264903634181_6573268797363322880_n-crop.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 59
  • il_340x270.1949323280_ni8v.webp
    il_340x270.1949323280_ni8v.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 4e228a487d41de6517f32667b69c3c94.webp
    4e228a487d41de6517f32667b69c3c94.webp
    32 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks everyone
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom