What's new

20 minutes to remember - Big silver

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to a spot I forgot I had permission to hunt. The reason being, I was in the throws of heavenly colonial spots when I got a call from a late-1800's site I had asked permission to hunt a while ago. I said thanks and later that day found a cob which made me forget all about it. Fast forward to now when I haven't hunted in almost 2 weeks and have very little time and bingo! Its funny what we remember when we need to...

So here it is...one of my better 20 minute hunts ever.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442956442.396645.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442956466.521839.webp
(anyone know the age? WW2?)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442956492.935194.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442956576.894948.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442956750.515149.webp
The walker is a type 2 D-mintmark
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442956788.762407.webp
I needed a hunt, and I'm happy it was time well spent! A shot in the arm when I really needed it as life has been way to busy.

Happy hunting!

Steve
 
Upvote 64
Nice take....
 
Great quick hunt Steve.
There always the best ones.
 
I'd do 20 hours for those hunt results any day!
 
What's the mint mark on that 1917...may be a half decent coin...regardless being an awesome finds like the rest of them...
Obverse D-mintmark. Funny enough I found an 1917 Obv S-mintmark about 6 months ago
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442971273.540408.webp
 
Congrats on those 5 sweet finds. :occasion14: Those are some great scores for only 20 minutes.:thumbsup: Awesome permission.

Haven't seen you around, was wondering what you've been up to.
 
Super nice finds, I just found my first walker last Saturday
 
Awesome finds!!!!! Congrats to you! I'm hoping to score a barber quarter at some point this season

Thx man...

You will find that Barber by the end of the month.

Steve
 
Great quick hunt Steve.
There always the best ones.

It's funny how that works right? My best finds have almost all been on quick hunts
Steve
 
You guys are digging handfuls of silver every time out it seems. What's going on??? Very nice BTW!
 
Very nice. A hunt to be proud of. :icon_thumright:
 
Scrappy , That would be like twenty MONTHS worth of goodies for me man ! Sweet score !!!
 
As usual Scrappy, very well done.

Glad that you were able to get out. When we spoke last night, I could here the kids in the background. I know it's tough to get out, but it really pays off! Excellent finds!

So you say you found 2 Walkers, both 1917, but with different mint marks... huh...
 
Wow,I would remember a 20 minute hunt like that one in my dreams for months and never want to wake up. Super hunt.
 
You guys are digging handfuls of silver every time out it seems. What's going on??? Very nice BTW!

Thx. But....
Bill, while we may dig handfuls of modern silver, you have dug handfuls of hammered silver! I guess nobody hit this site before which is very surprising. Dunno

Steve
 
As usual Scrappy, very well done.

Glad that you were able to get out. When we spoke last night, I could here the kids in the background. I know it's tough to get out, but it really pays off! Excellent finds!

So you say you found 2 Walkers, both 1917, but with different mint marks... huh...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443015387.496548.webp
I knew you would try to call BS so that's why I sent you that picture of both side by side after. You know, the one you said was superimposed...

Lol
 
Oh Scrappy, you make me laugh. Don't even acknowledge my ignorant comments, you know that I am only baiting you.

Congrats on scoring another sweet '17 Walker.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom