What's new

20 minutes to remember - Big silver

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to a spot I forgot I had permission to hunt. The reason being, I was in the throws of heavenly colonial spots when I got a call from a late-1800's site I had asked permission to hunt a while ago. I said thanks and later that day found a cob which made me forget all about it. Fast forward to now when I haven't hunted in almost 2 weeks and have very little time and bingo! Its funny what we remember when we need to...

So here it is...one of my better 20 minute hunts ever.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442956442.396645.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442956466.521839.webp
(anyone know the age? WW2?)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442956492.935194.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442956576.894948.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442956750.515149.webp
The walker is a type 2 D-mintmark
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442956788.762407.webp
I needed a hunt, and I'm happy it was time well spent! A shot in the arm when I really needed it as life has been way to busy.

Happy hunting!

Steve
 
Upvote 64
Wow! It would be hard to forget a spot like that!
 
Love it! Killer finds! Those big silvers look unreal omcoming out of the ground
 
Did you ever hit a home run.. Awesome job
 
Love the old Walker, and a barber quarter to boot!
 
Sheesh!, 20 minutes?, takes me that long to load up the gear and get it out of the car!, killer finds!
 
Thinking WW1 on the button...just a guess
 
Wow! It would be hard to forget a spot like that!

It won't be forgotten! It's forcing me to go back sometime this week for sure.
 
Nice finds Scrappy. The WWI & WWII buttons looked a lot alike, but there were some slight differences. Yours looks like it could be G102 in Albert's Button Book. According to your pictures it looks like a 2 piece with border. The Great Seal Button was originated in 1902. Try to look for a back mark, & that will also help.
 
Very nice assortment
 
Great job on the silver,nice button too!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise. That was a great short hunt and the production was a days worth.
 
20 minutes? That's 20 weeks of stuff for me..:dontknow:. Awesome spot, great Walking, nice crisp date.
 
What's the mint mark on that 1917...may be a half decent coin...regardless being an awesome finds like the rest of them...
 
That's awesome
 
Did you ever hit a home run.. Awesome job

Hey thanks man! Didn't think I was digging silver on any of them. Most were only 2" deep!
 
Sheesh!, 20 minutes?, takes me that long to load up the gear and get it out of the car!, killer finds!

Chris lately rubbing two seconds together has been challenging for me. It must look like a Chinese fire drill watching me park, get out of my car, gear up, and start hunting in 30 seconds!
 
Awesome finds!!!!! Congrats to you! I'm hoping to score a barber quarter at some point this season
 
Nice finds Scrappy. The WWI & WWII buttons looked a lot alike, but there were some slight differences. Yours looks like it could be G102 in Albert's Button Book. According to your pictures it looks like a 2 piece with border. The Great Seal Button was originated in 1902. Try to look for a back mark, & that will also help.

Thanks tzhtr! That's great info and very helpful. I'll work on the back carefully since it looks like there's a lot of gilting on it still.

Steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom