What's new

$20 Oops Not So Fast

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
⛮ Administrator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
56,466
Reaction score
72,752
Golden Thread
0
Found this couple days ago, I thought it was $20 till I looked closer. After research, it turns out it is used in movies when close up not needed. Same size as real money.

1000031638.webp


1000031654.webp
 
Upvote 24
Cool find.

Some years ago I was visiting a friend who owns a printing business and he was keen to show off his brand new Xeikon digital press. It was churning out £10 notes en masse. “Is that legal?” I tentatively asked.

He laughed and assured me it was. Taking a closer look, the notes were compliant with a number of conditions that our laws require for reproduction banknotes. Apparently the Heinz company was going to run a promotional competition giving away a million pounds and wanted to film a TV advert showing a lucky winner rolling around in a huge pile of cash. They had explored the possibility of using real money, but the ‘borrowing’, insurance and security costs were much higher than the cost of printing reproductions.
 
That is a neat piece, it obviously came out of a movie studio somewhere.
Universal Studios in Orlando is still a working production studio, most likely from there. Found in a suit jacket pocket at thrift store.
 

Attachments

  • 1778951569973.webp
    1778951569973.webp
    580 bytes · Views: 37
  • 1778951569979.webp
    1778951569979.webp
    452 bytes · Views: 38
you can order 'motion picture money' on the internet, from places like Amazon for example. It is pretty realistic looking and several times in my area has been passed off to unsuspecting store clerks at convenience stores. The cops will usually post a notice to all the stores in the area to be aware. Store managers really should do a better job at educating their cashiers on what they might encounter. Unfortunately there are an amazing amount of dishonest people in the world.
 
Found this couple days ago, I thought it was $20 till I looked closer. After research, it turns out it is used in movies when close up not needed. Same size as real money.

View attachment 2253823

View attachment 2253824

Same thing happened to me last Fall. Found this (back side was facing up and I thought it was the real deal). It even has the feel of real money. Cool find nonetheless.
17790439538566359224120439843889.webp
17790439866437073223919474485355.webp
 
Same thing happened to me last Fall. Found this (back side was facing up and I thought it was the real deal). It even has the feel of real money. Cool find nonetheless. View attachment 2253971View attachment 2253972
Yeo, when I pulled it out it was folded and I thought it was real, it looks and feels authentic until you look closer.
 
I was watching On Patrol Live and a couple of young black gentlemen had wads of those because they were filming rap video's and needed money to throw in the air so they had a lot for that purpose.
 
I used to buy the $100 version of those off eBay about 5 years ago. They were like 100 bills for about $4.00. They had some small red print on the back. They stopped selling them. I had a blast with those things. 👍
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom