20 years lost, now found!

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was about 9 my grandad gave me a army corp of engineers compass that his dad gave him in 46'. It had a wristband like a watch leather.I had it about two hours before I lost it picking up limbs in his orchard. Fell out of my field jacket pocket. For years i felt bad about loosing it.Well today, 20 years later, I was detecting in his orchard looking for v nickels, or anything else when, bam loud hit, popped a hole an I saw it! I wasn't even thinking about, heck I thought I lost it in the burn pile dumping the limbs, and it actually still works. Well here's the pics, an my grandad got to see it again today! He was happy about it! Thought I'd share it, I'm happy about it!

image-3138775426.jpg

image-167429226.jpg

Great story!

Very cool reunited at last great job

Nice story. I am still looking for the Cub Scout ring that I lost in 1964 in my folks yard (woods), or my Dad's WW2 dog tag that he put on our dogs collar about the same time.

Write the story of it along with dates and age and put in a ziploc bag keep the compass with the story in a box. It will be neat for people/family to see the compass and read your story.

Thanks. I've actually found a Boy Scouts ring in my mother in laws house.

image-3886738709.jpg

And yea that's a good idea!

That's awesome !! Glad grandad got to see it again, that makes it all the better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back