200 and 1000

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Well, I got out yesterday evening and hit a park with GOIO for a little while. I was 3 silver shy of 200 and 7 wheaties shy of 1000 and I wasnt gonna quit until I got my goals. The area we were hunting has been hit and miss with the silver so I was really covering some ground. After about 15 minutes I had my 1000 wheatie but no silver to show. Then the little rosie popped out of the ground. It was getting a little dark and Greg was packing up. I told him I was staying until I found 2 more so he kept being the looter that he is. LOL. I got a merc and then dug some ghost holes. It was dark enough now to use the back light and then my battery started giving me the signal that it was dying. I kept swinging and got a broken 11-46 at 7 inches. I knew it was silver, then the battery died. I opened the hole and turned the etrac back on and got a good signal in the hole. I grabbed a hand full of dirt and checked it with the probe. It was there, then the battery died again. I called Greg over and asked for his battery. I popped it in, and got a rosie for 200. It was nice to get both goals on the same day. Thanks for looking. TMAN...

Attachments

• 200silver.jpg
    200silver.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 267

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
Congrats on your 200 silver coins and 1000th wheaty!! :hello2: Who is the real looter? I was afraid we where going to spend the night at the park when you told me that you where not leaving till you find your 200 silver! :o. It was so freaking dark and cold that I was ready to throw two silver coins in from of your coil so that we could gone home :D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
You guys stay outta my park! I still got a few waiting for me to show up and claim.

Dang you're good!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
You're hurting my eyes there will all that shiny silver! Great job!

Joe

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome job tman , wtg! 200 silver and 1000 wheats thats alot of digging!

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ...............on your 2 0 0 TH SILVER......AND YOUR 1 0 0 0 th wheaty.........
I knew you would make it.........& ........I am Happy for you man......

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME job buddy, I know you worked you butt off for that treasure pile!!!! :notworthy:

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Incredible! Way to go on that 200th coin. That's some serious determination to complete a goal. I bet if Goio's battery was dead you would have made a potato battery to get the job done! That, or crumble up all of the dirt by hand until the coin was found.

BIG Congrats on some crazy awexome totals!

OP
OP
tmanfromtexas

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Thanks guys for all the nice comments. There was a whole lot of diggin to get those silvers and wheaties. I spent about 400 hours in the field this year capturing these puppies and dug another 1800 clad coins on top of that. The fun part was hunting with GOIO and McNickel, and meeting up with TF and SG along with the rest of the folks here on the Illinois forum. Yall have made me fell at home and I appreciate it. TMAN...

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
That's a great looking haul of silver! WTG!!

Good seeing you again yesterday Tman!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions