$200 in $2 bills

• Thread starter baseballbandits
  • Start date
B

baseballbandits

I got a $200 stack of $2 bills from the bank today. They all look very new, and the teller said she had $2000 worth of them, and she was happy to get rid of them. Are they worth anymore than face value? Worth saving? lmk if this is common. ???

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
They are worth $2.00. Unless you find a collector wanting pristine bills. Then maybe a little markup, but not much.

DM

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By "new" ,what do you mean? What series are they? Are the serial numbers consecutive? Check the completed listings on Ebay,$200 worth of them,uncirculated,consecutive serial numbers,series 1995 just sold for $299.99 with $15.00 shipping today,the auction ended early with the "buy it now" feature.If all of this applies to yours,i'd go back and get the rest and do the same. :)

OP
OP
B

baseballbandits

Mine are 2003 series and has a good number of consecutive numbers, but I guess 2003 is not as good as 1995. Ill probly just start using them for tips. :-\

Jul 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I recently did the same thing, except only got $100, and I just spend them like normal bills. You get some interesting looks from people, and if you watch you'll see that many of them are immediately taken home by the clerk or waitress or whatever.

I think it's interesting that $2 bills have never really caught on since they're still being made...

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
You'd be suprised what people will put together on Ebay and the people who are willing to buy because in this example.......they've probably never really came across a $2 and know nothing about collecting currency. I will list a few possibilities which are bound to sell without a doubt on Ebay......1) Grab 6 sequential serial numbered bills in uncirculated condition and boast that they are uncirculated with sequential serial numbers. Start the bid at face value and add to the S&H the costs of SH, the listing fee and the % of the final value fee. Sucks, but that is what everyone does and it's the only way to cover your butt so you don't take a loss. Scenario 2) Sell ten of them regardless of serial numbers and call it a "LOT". Make it a point to talk about the signing of the declaration in the back and that they are "Uncirculated". Repeat similar steps of scenario 1. Repeat this a few times, and you will have made a profit. My suggestion......you have two options.......spend them the way you mentioned, or if keeping them is an option, put them away until you forget about them. 20 years from now they'll be worth a bit more if they maintain their condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread