200 Silver!!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

I'll let the pictures do the talking today, but the new SE Pro coil continued it's consecutive hunt silver streak (9 for 9), helping me find my final 3 silvers to get to 200 before my Birthday this weekend. My hands are callused, my right arm is bigger than my left, I have a Farmer John tan, but I'm still smilin' !! ;D

Enjoy, and Happy Hunting!!
Keep The Passion High!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Mercs are ahead of the Rosies so far this year...93 to 79.

Attachments

• IMG_2880_sm.jpg
    IMG_2880_sm.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 2,127
  • IMG_2881_sm.jpg
    IMG_2881_sm.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 2,112
  • IMG_2882_sm.jpg
    IMG_2882_sm.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 2,104
  • IMG_2885_sm.jpg
    IMG_2885_sm.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2,091
  • IMG_2886_sm.jpg
    IMG_2886_sm.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 2,082
Upvote 0
Dan, WTG :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WOW what an impressive layout!

I think you get more Merc's because you preferentially hit the deepies harder than the shallows.

Oh ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dan!

(Mine was last Sunday)

HH Joe

litefire56 said:
What a pile of silver! Do you have something against finding gold or ?? ;D Do you ignore the low tones Dan?
Congrat's on the Milestone.

Thanks, litefire56!
I like finding the Good 'Ole American Silver coinage. That's what I'm after, and why I'm in the hobby. It's very challenging to pick through all the trash targets/clad to find these types of coins. And they're not getting replenished year after year, which makes them even more challenging. I detect in very trashy parks, littered with 1000's of low conductors. I could dig every low conductor at a park that I think might be a ring, but I know I would have pounds of trash with only a few rings to show. I consider it a lot of hard work, and a lot of luck to find the gold in the turf. Well, recovering the deep old coinage is hard work also. Once you locate them, you have to dig them out. I'm always challenging myself to find the old coinage from places that have been detected by others for the past 20 years, including my buddies. In fact, all my buddies(about 8 of them) all hunt for the old coinage in the turf. I have a nice beach down the street from me, but I haven't even been there all year. Something about hunting for the deep turf silver coinage/wheats/Indians/V's/buffalo's/etc. that I have the most enjoyment with. All of my silver so far this year was found in approx. 22 parks here in S. CA. In one of the 22 parks, I've bagged 78 silvers and hundreds of wheats, along with a few Injuns/V's so far. Last year, I found silver coinage in about 65 parks, so the old coinage is definitely diminishing around here now. In time, I'll be going for those low conductors... :'(

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Congrats.gif

That's truely amazing after your last years count that you could be on this pace again. I hope you have a great birthday and looking forward to seeing more of your finds (and videos). ;D

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

That's great Capt.! :thumbsup: I am 8 coins from my first 100, and am looking forward to it. If anyone does deserve their 200 on this sight its you :icon_king:!! HH M

Way to go!!!
You are hitting some GREAT areas, to
be pulling all that out!!!
I put in 8 to 12 hour hunts, Callouses, tan, and yet the silver
is not easy for me at all.

:o WOW :o

Its a silver coin BONANZA Hoss !!!

Congrats CAPTN on 200 !!! and a Pre Happy Birthday to ya :occasion13:

WTG !!

Derek :icon_study:

Dan,

Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost made a similar post yesterday welcoming myself to the 100 silver club. I found 2 yesterday, bringing my total to 99. I hope not to be stuck at that number for a while, but we are really hot, really dry, and I don't have a good spot lined up.
Jon.

That is a lot of silver! Great Job! Hope to see more finds.
Happy Hunting,
Kellyco Chick

Awesome Display of Silver :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Why do people cut coin up like that??? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: All of that hard work paid off. Thanks for sharing it with us and Happy Birthday :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:
HH,
Roy

You're putting together another stellar year!!! I can't believe all the cut up coins... I thought I was the only one. Savor your current success for the years down the road when the silver dries up. Take care and HH, Mike.

Have you ever tried to see if any of those half dimes fit together? Lucky you! :thumbsup:

Excellent haul of silver!! WTG ! :thumbsup: Happy birthday also! :occasion13:

Dan, that is just AWESOME! You are killer with that SE and new coil. You're seriously making me think of switching, LOL.

Keep 'em coming.

Ray

Dan,

Great job, as always. You never cease to impress me, and for that matter, to motivate me. Seeing what you find shows me what is possible. Thanks for being an inspiration!

Again, congrats, and thanks for all your posts, pics & videos. Keep 'em coming!

HH,

Dr. Ace

Let's See :icon_scratch: 10x20.....Yep,20 Year's for ME!!!!! :wink: Congratulation's Dan...Very well deserved.I need a video of you dropping all of them at once from chest height....I just want to hear what it sound's like,Once!!!! :thumbsup:

WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW ~ 200 silvers! THAT'S AWESOME!! I just hit 50 silvers for the year (not counting the WAR nickels).

CONGRAT'S MAN!!

Dan, is that silver well ever going to dry up? Are you hunting old spots or are you finding new places? I am envious. Keep on posting so we can salivate some more. R.L.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back