2000p Sacagawea, copper nickel mix???

LouisaC

Greenie
Jan 5, 2024
Hey all, been years since I've used this forum and re-registered but this was always my go-to place when coin roll hunting which I just recently got back into. BUT this was not found coin roll hunting. It had been in one of my jars where I keep coins that I just save and only had 2 left. One of those banners popped up on F/B "Check Your Couch Change" and I always look at those because I love looking at coins anyway. One coin was the 2000p Sacagawea dollar that wasn't brass/copper looking but more nickel in color and I remembered one of the two that I had was dirty nickel colored and not nice and copper shiny so I pulled it out. Am I seeing this correctly? Is it questionable enough or worth sending it off to be graded? I'm posting both coins, the copper/brass colored one and the one that appears to be different. I'm a "penny roll hunter" so I have no experience/knowledge with the higher denomination coin errors. Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• sag2.JPG
    sag2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • sag1.JPG
    sag1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tumbled some I have found while detecting and they end up looking like that, so before sending it off I would get some more opinions on it.

OP
OP
L

LouisaC

Greenie
Jan 5, 2024
I have tumbled some I have found while detecting and they end up looking like that, so before sending it off I would get some more opinions on it.
Will do Boat. We do not have any coin dealers in my area. Even though it's not gold or silver, would a pawn shop be able to test the metal? IF my Whites XLT was working that would probably give me a better idea on the composition. Thank you...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread